How we make decisions about admitting applicants to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Admissions Complaints and Appeals Procedure
We work hard to be fair and process every application within a reasonable timescale. But, if you're unhappy with the way we've handled your application please get in touch. We try to resolve issues fast and informally.
This policy explains how and when you can make a complaint or appeal against a decision.
- Read our admissions complaints and appeals policy online
- Download our Admissions Complaints and Appeals Procedure (PDF:156KB)
Criminal Convictions Policy and Procedure for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admissions
If you have a criminal conviction you might worry about it stopping you from studying with us. This policy explains which convictions we need to consider and the process we go through.
- Read our criminal convictions policy and procedure for admissions online
- Download our Criminal Convictions Policy and Procedure for UG and PG Admissions policy (PDF:231KB)
Policy and Procedure for Admitting Students Under 18
We welcome applications from people of any age. If you're under 18 then we have a special duty of care as in the UK you're still classed as a child. This policy sets out how we prepare for the admission of someone under 18.
- Read our policy and procedure for admitting students under 18 online
- Download our Under 18 policy and procedure (PDF:234KB)
Policy on Credit Transfer and the Recognition of Prior Learning
This policy is for those who want to transfer to Newcastle from a different UK institution. It is also relevant if you want us to consider any previous experience or qualifications. Individual Schools or subjects have specific arrangements available on our regulations pages.
- Read our policy on credit transfer and the recognition of prior learning online
- Download our Policy on credit transfer and recognition of prior learning (PDF:562KB)
Postgraduate Applicant Deposit Refund Policy
Usually your deposit is non-refundable and we'll deduct it from your tuition fees. But, there are some instances when we'll refund your deposit. Our deposit refund policy sets out the circumstance and deadlines by which you can ask for your money back.