This course responds to the growing internationalisation of business and management practice. It celebrates the diversity of living and working across cultures. You will focus on the skills, competencies and knowledge necessary for working in today's global business environment. This course is taught from our London campus.
This course is ideal if you want to study a broad business-based degree with an international focus. You will be able to develop your career in areas such as:
- management consultancy
- human resource management
The course gives a rich introduction to the complexity of globalisation and cultural difference. You will cover core management areas including:
- managing organisations
- managing people
You will also cover:
- applied skills in problem solving, decision-making, critical thinking and analysis
- direct experience of working in multicultural environments to analyse business issues and develop strategic approaches to address these issues
The course consists of 130 credits of taught modules followed by a 50-credit dissertation.
Your dissertation will be a detailed studying focussing on a management or business issue. Your topic can be based on research or practice. The dissertation is your opportunity to demonstrate your understanding and skills gained from the course. You will be supported through research study skills modules and experienced research supervisors.
We also offer an International Business Management MSc at our Newcastle campus.
As this is a new course we don't have any careers destination information yet. Instead, you might be interested to see information about our graduates who studied postgraduate business and management.
In the news
Rediscover your passion for learning at our postgraduate Open Day on Wednesday 8 February 2017, 12.30-4.30pm.
published on: 19 January 2017
Newcastle University Business School has joined the ranks of the global elite after receiving the triple crown from the world's leading accreditation bodies.
published on: 24 September 2015
Newcastle University London is a new campus providing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
published on: 1 September 2015
We are one of the most powerful research universities in the country and the most powerful in the North East - REF 2014.
published on: 16 November 2016
Newcastle University has been ranked 127th in the QS World University Rankings 2014-15, up from our position of 129 in last year's survey.
published on: 4 January 2016
Modules for 2016 entry
- LBS8045 The International Business Environment
- LBS8060 International Business Strategy
- LBS8061 Managing Across Cultures
- LBS8078 Strategy for Managers
- LBS8088 Marketing
- LBS8265 Managing Change in Organisations
- LBS8326 Managing Organisations and People
- LBS8327 Research Methods for International Business Management
- LBS8328 International Management Practitioner
- LBS8329 Strategic Business Analysis and Decision Making
- LBS8111 International Entrepreneurship
- LBS8142 Current Issues in International Business and Management
You can choose to study one of the following:
Modules change annually to take account of:
- changing staff expertise
- developments in the discipline
- the requirements of external bodies and partners
- student feedback.
Most module information for 2017 entry will be available from mid-May 2017.
Fees & Funding
The fees displayed here are per course.
Full time: £6,000
Full time: £17,500
Update: If you’re an EU student you will pay the UK (Home) rate of tuition fees for the full duration of your course, if you start in 2016 or 2017.
Newcastle University London has a range of academic scholarships for talented students.
A 2:1 honours degree, or international equivalent, in any subject.
If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, you may be eligible to apply for the International Graduate Diploma in Business.
To study this course you need to meet our Band 6 English Language requirements:
Direct Entry: IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills)
If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Our typical English Language requirements are listed as IELTS scores but we also accept a wide range of English Language tests.
The equivalent academic qualifications that we accept are listed on our country pages.
Pre-sessional English Language Course RequirementsPre-sessional English Language Course Requirements
- 6 week Pre-sessional entry: IELTS 6.0 overall (with 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in all other sub-skills)
- 10 week Pre-sessional entry: IELTS 6.0 overall (with 1 sub-skill at a minimum of 5.0 and 3 sub-skills at a minimum of 5.5, including writing)
You can study our Pre-sessional English Language courses at INTO Newcastle University London Centre.
How to Apply
To apply for this course you will need to complete an application form (PDF:235KB). You need to provide related documents with your application. You can email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can post it to:
Newcastle University London Admissions
One Gloucester Place
Telephone: +44 1273 876040