Value of award
Number of awards
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing Britain’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).
Awards are funded by the Department for International Development (for developing Commonwealth countries), and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Scottish Government (for developed Commonwealth countries), in conjunction with UK universities. The CSC also nominates UK citizens for scholarships to study in other Commonwealth countries under the CSFP.
The CSC makes available seven types of award:
- Scholarships for PhD research
- Scholarships for Masters study
- Shared Scholarships with UK universities in support of Masters programmes
- Academic Fellowships for staff serving in developing country universities
- Split-site Scholarships for PhD students to spend up to one year in the UK
- Professional Fellowships for mid-career professionals in developing countries
- Distance Learning Scholarships for developing country students to study UK Masters degree courses while living in their own countries
Each type of award has its own eligibility and application criteria. Details are available on the CSC’s website.
For more details contact:
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
The Association of Commonwealth Universities
20-24 Tavistock Square
London , WC1H 9HF
Tel: 020 7380 6700
Fax: 020 7387 2655