Value of award
£5,000 payable towards the first year of tuition fees.
Number of awards
Start date and duration
Commences September 2017 for one year only.
Application closing date
There are two deadline dates for applications. Those applicants unsuccessful in the first award will be carried forward for consideration in the second round of awards.
1st Cut off: 30 May 2017
2nd Cut Off: 30 June 2017
Newcastle University is proud to work in partnership with the British Council’s GREAT campaign by offering exclusive scholarships to our Indian students. These awards are available to high achieving students applying for entry onto a postgraduate taught Master’s degree or an MRes course, commencing their studies in September 2017.
In order to be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must satisfy the following conditions:
- you must be a Indian national and have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
- you must hold a Conditional or Unconditional offer on any taught master’s degree or MRes course at Newcastle city campus
- you intend to register to start your studies during the 2017-18 academic year
- you are a self-funded student and not in receipt of other University or external awards
- you must have an average of 70% or above in your Bachelor’s degree. If you are yet to complete your degree we will assess you on the basis of your results to date, providing you have achieved an average of 70% or above and you are expecting to maintain/ increase this in your final semester/year. Students with CGPA scores can also apply if your percentage equivalence is 70% and above.
How to apply
Please complete the application form electronically. The university will award on the basis of best qualified students and the final decision lies with the university.
Newcastle upon Tyne