Through University accommodation you will meet people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds. Our students often tell us that they make friends for life in our supportive communities.
We can help you find accommodation to suit your budget.
Our self-catering postgraduate accommodation is either close to, or on-campus. Options range from traditional buildings to modern developments with en suite options. We also offer some couple and family options.
The rent you pay covers:
- utility bills*
- internet connection or Wi-Fi
- free personal possessions insurance
- some accommodation includes a TV and licence
*Up to a set amount for Managed Partnership Schemes, excluding family accommodation.
We also offer flexible payment terms to help you spread out the cost.
If you are a first year international student then we will guarantee you accommodation. This could be in University managed, or managed partnership accommodation. There are conditions that apply, read about our postgraduate new students' guarantee.
Applying for accommodation
Looking for University accommodation between September 2015 and June 2016? You can apply through the accommodation website.
If you want accommodation from September 2016 you'll be able to apply from April 2016.
NUstudenthomes Property Management Service
We manage privately owned properties and sub-let them to you. This means that the University acts as your landlord. This unique service gives you independence with the peace of mind that we are here should any problems arise.
NUstudenthomes Property Management Service can offer you:
- a specialist student housing service
- a wide selection of properties in all popular student areas
- very competitive rents
- water rates and insurance included in your rent
- no charges or agency fees
- reasonable deposits and property inventories
- a quick and effective repairs system
- guidance and support during your tenancy
The Newcastle University Accommodation Team are very active to accommodate student requests to find the place of their choice.
Siddiqua, Mathematics PhD