Coming to visit us is a great way to experience what Newcastle University is about.
Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities:
- Newcastle's Central Station is about three hours from London King's Cross on the east coast main line.
- The city is easily accessible by the A1 from the north and south and by the A69 from the west.
- Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles from the city centre.
Postgraduate Open Day (2018)Postgraduate Open Day (2018)
Our next Postgraduate Open Day will be on Wednesday 7 February 2018.
Register your interest and we'll send you more information closer to the date.
PG CaféPG Café
We have a series of student-led PG Café events coming up and we'd love to see you there.
Each PG Café has a theme, such as 'Ways to Fund Your Studies' and 'Applying to Newcastle'. Our PG Cafés provide a great opportunity to:
- chat informally to our current students
- find out about postgraduate studentships, funding and how to apply
- get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
- have a cup of tea and slice of cake!
- see our campus
Our current students come from a range of taught courses and research degrees and will be able to share their general experiences about life as a postgraduate student and answer any questions you might have. As we have over 300 postgraduate courses on offer, we can’t guarantee that there will be a student from your chosen course at the event.
Our 2016-17 PG Café series includes:
Virtual event Arriving in Newcastle - 23 August (1:00-2:00)
Campus ToursCampus Tours
We are running a series of Postgraduate Campus Tours until the end of August 2017 which are now open for registration.
Join us for a walking tour around our city centre campus. Discover our beautiful buildings and learn more about first class facilities including:
- the award winning Robinson Library
- our Student Support Services
- the Quadrangle, one of the oldest and most iconic parts of campus
- key research facilities
These tours are led by current postgraduate students who can give you a real insight into what it’s like to study at Newcastle University. Tours last approximately 60-90 minutes.
School and institute open daysSchool and institute open days
Throughout the year some academic schools and institutes run open days. At these events you can:
- meet academics and current postgraduate students
- find out about taught and research degrees
- visit facilities
You may be able to arrange a visit that is not part of a scheduled open day. Research students in particular are encouraged to visit and meet with their potential supervisor. Contact your proposed academic school or research institute to find out if this is possible.
Research programmesResearch programmes
Off-Campus Events (UK)
We attend a range of postgraduate study events across the UK. If we’re at an event near you, come and see us to find out more about studying at Newcastle University. If you are unable to meet us in person, join us at a virtual event instead.
Upcoming eventsUpcoming events
Off-Campus Events (International)
We regularly travel overseas to meet with students interested in Newcastle University.
International eventsInternational events
We regularly attend international exhibitions and visits, so if we're visiting your country we would love to meet you.
Virtual tours and eventsVirtual tours and events
If you are unable to meet us in-person, join us online.
Virtual Postgraduate CaféVirtual Postgraduate Café
We have a series of student-led Virtual PG Café events coming up and we'd love to see you there.
The events are online so you can take part no matter where you are.
Our Virtual PG Cafés provide a great opportunity to:
• ask any questions that you have about postgraduate study
• find out funding and how to apply
• get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
Our next Virtual PG Café will stream live on Wednesday 23 August 2017 at 1.00pm (UTC). The theme is ‘Arriving in Newcastle’ and you'll learn about:
- Postgrad Welcome Week and International Welcome
- Early Arrivals Week
- accommodation and registration
Register here for the 'Arriving in Newcastle' event.
Can't wait that long?
You can watch our past virtual events on the PG Café site:
- Living in Newcastle
- Being an International Student in Newcastle
- Ways to Fund Your Studies
- Applying to Newcastle University
- Careers Service and working while studying
Or read our postgraduate student blogs.