Coming to visit us is a great way to experience what Newcastle University is about.
Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities:
- Newcastle's Central Station is about three hours from London King's Cross on the east coast main line.
- The city is easily accessible by the A1 from the north and south and by the A69 from the west.
- Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles from the city centre.
Postgraduate Open Day (2018)Postgraduate Open Day (2018)
Our next Postgraduate Open Day will be on Wednesday 7 February 2018. Find out more about the event.
PG CaféPG Café
We have a series of student-led PG Café events coming up in 2018 and we'd love to meet you.
Our PG Cafés provide a great opportunity to:
- chat informally to our current students
- find out about postgraduate studentships, funding and how to apply
- get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
- have a cup of tea and slice of cake!
- see our campus
You'll meet a variety of postgrad students at our events. We tend to have a mix of taught and research students, but there might not be someone from your chosen course. You'll be able to find out what life as a postgrad student is like and ask questions. So, if you want to talk postgrad, register now.
Campus ToursCampus Tours
Join us for a walking tour around our city centre campus. Discover our beautiful buildings and learn more about first class facilities including:
- the award winning Robinson Library
- our Student Support Services
- the Quadrangle, one of the oldest and most iconic parts of campus
- key research facilities
These tours are led by current postgraduate students who can give you a real insight into what it’s like to study at Newcastle University. Tours last approximately 60-90 minutes.
Dates for 2017-18 will be updated here over the coming weeks.
School and institute open daysSchool and institute open days
Throughout the year some academic schools and institutes run open days. At these events you can:
- meet academics and current postgraduate students
- find out about taught and research degrees
- visit facilities
You may be able to arrange a visit that is not part of a scheduled open day. Research students in particular are encouraged to visit and meet with their potential supervisor. Contact your proposed academic school or research institute to find out if this is possible.
Research programmesResearch programmes
Off-Campus Events (UK)
We attend a range of postgraduate study events across the UK. If we're at an event near you, come and see us to find out more about studying at Newcastle University.
Postgrad Live LONDON 25 January 2018Postgrad Live LONDON 25 January 2018
11.30am – 5.00pm
University of London
Postgrad Live SHEFFIELD 14 February 2018Postgrad Live SHEFFIELD 14 February 2018
12.00pm – 3.00pm
Sheffield Town Hall
Off-Campus Events (International)
We regularly travel overseas to meet with students interested in Newcastle University.
International eventsInternational events
We regularly attend international exhibitions and visits, so if we're visiting your country we would love to meet you.
Virtual tours and eventsVirtual tours and events
If you are unable to meet us in-person, join us online.
Virtual Postgraduate CaféVirtual Postgraduate Café
We have a series of student-led Virtual PG Café events coming up and we'd love to see you there.
The events are online so you can take part no matter where you are.
Our Virtual PG Cafés provide a great opportunity to:
• ask any questions that you have about postgraduate study
• find out funding and how to apply
• get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
Our next Virtual PG Café event series will start in October 2017.
You can watch our past virtual events on the PG Café site:
- Living in Newcastle
- Being an International Student in Newcastle
- Ways to Fund Your Studies
- Applying to Newcastle University
- Careers Service and working while studying
Or read our postgraduate student blogs.