University shortlisted for top award
Newcastle University is in the finals of the prestigious Times Higher Education University of the Year Award.
A total of five UK universities are in the running for the award, which celebrates 'the excellence and amazing achievements of UK higher education institutions'. Judging will take place in London on 25 November.
The announcement of Newcastle University’s shortlisting follows its success in the Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards earlier this year when the university was recognised as having the most outstanding research management team in British higher education.
Full details of the shortlisted candidates for 2010 can be found on the Times Higher website.
published on: 27th September 2010
- Newcastle University is a Russell Group University
- We rank in the top 20 of UK universities in The Sunday Times 2013 University Guide
- Amongst our peers Newcastle is:
- 10th in the UK for student satisfaction
- Ranked 8th in the UK for Medical research power
- In the UK’s top 12 for research power in Science and Engineering
- 95% of our students are in a job or further training within six months of graduating
- We have a world-class reputation for research excellence and are spearheading three major societal challenges that have a significant impact on global society. These themes are: Ageing and Health, Sustainability, and Social Renewal
- Newcastle University is the first UK university to establish a fully owned international branch campus for medicine at its NUMed Campus in Malaysia which opened in 2011
- Our International students put Newcastle University in world's top 12 (ISB 2011)