Dr Mike Cox
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6234
- Personal Website: http://research.ncl.ac.uk/mds/
- Address: School of Psychology,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
My research interests are in the applications of management science, mathematics and statistics. I have a strong numerical background. Most of my research includes computer applications. I am an experienced programmer in Visual Fortran as well as Spreadsheet applications. Principal research areas are multidimensional scaling (MDS), statistical process control (SPC) and the analytic hierarchy process (AHP).
I am open to any fresh proposals that are likely to result in publication.
- Cox MAA. An Approximate Approach to the Economic Design of x̅ Charts By Considering the Cost of Quality. Journal Of Modern Applied Statistical Methods 2013, 12(1), 20.
- Cox MAA. Analysis of stock market indices through multidimensional scaling. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation 2013, 83(11), 2015-2029.
- Cox MAA. Investigation of Round Robin Sports Tournaments by the Analytic Hierarchy Process. International Journal Of Sports Science And Engineering 2013, 7(1), 36-50.
- Cox MAA. The Distribution And Moments Of The Run Length Distribution Of A Generalised Control chart. Journal of Statistics: Advances In Theory And Applications 2013. In Press.
- Cox MAA. An investigation of the parameters of a simple mean-field model. Quality and Quantity 2012, 47(1), 39-47.
- Rosales C, Mansour D, Cox MAA. Does current contraceptive choice correspond with user satisfaction?. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2012, 32(2), 166-172.
- Cox MAA. Linear relationships to assist in parameter selection of a CUSUM control chart. International Journal for Quality Research 2012, 6(2), 159-165.
- Cox MAA. Which is the appropriate triangular distribution to employ in the modified analytic hierarchy process?. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics 2012, 23(3), 227-239.
- Cox MAA. Using Rasch Analysis To Identify The Level Of Difficulty Of Multiple-Choice Questions. MSOR Connections 2011, 11, 40-42.
- Cox TF, Cox MAA. Multidimensional scaling. CRC/Chapman and Hall, 2000.
- Cox MAA. Toward the implementation of a universal control chart and estimation of its average run length using a spreadsheet. Quality Engineering 1999, 11(4), 511-536.
- Cox MAA. Exact Average Run Lengths for Monitoring Poisson Counts. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods 2015, 44(22), 4757-4771.
- Cox MAA. A Numerical Investigation Of The Recovery Of Point Patterns With Minimal Information. Applied Psychological Measurement 2014, 38(4), 329-335.
- Cox MAA. A practical assessment of the ability of students completing a multiple choice examination. Journal of Data Science 2013. In Press.
- Geary B, Cox MAA. Emotional Exhaustion and Satisfaction in Permanent Deacons. New Diaconal Review 2012, 9, 36-44.