I work in the Grants & Contracts team, which is part of the University Research Office. The team's role as a whole is to provide efficient, timely support to academics applying for research grants in the SAgE and HASS faculties.
Almost 25 years experience in Newcastle University of which 23 years have been in the area of research administration.
I joined Newcastle University in 1992 and have worked in the school of computing science and the University Research Office. I worked as a Senior Grants Administrator for seven years before moving into the post of Assistant Grants and Contracts Manager.
As one of a team of Assistant Grants & Contracts Managers , I provide advice and support on a range of activities to staff in the research environment from the initial application through to project setup.
• Advising on costings, eligibility, funder guidelines and University policies.
• Providing official University approval of applications for submission.
• Checking terms and conditions of award.
• Drafting/negotiation of contracts – including collaboration agreements, subcontracts, studentships and confidentiality agreements.
• Liaise with the relevant services in the University to ensure effective management of the award.
As part of my role I am an authorised signatory on research applications.
NVQ Level III Business Administration
Licentiateship of City & Guilds Senior Award