I work in the Grants and Contracts team, which is part of the University Research Office.
The team's role as a whole is to provide efficient, timely support to academics applying for research grants in the SAgE and HASS faculties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Grants Administrator I provide help and support to academics when applying for external research funding.
My responsibilities include:
- Creating BH records (for ethics)
- Helping with applications-this includes checking all guidance for eligibility, carrying out internal checks on applications to ensure compliance with the Universities policies and procedures.
- Advise on the preparation of costings in pFACT and help to produce the Blue Forms
- Submit applications through Je-S, eGAP and other electronic systems
- Process award notifications and arrange account setups with Research Accounting Services to create RES accounts for awarded projects.
- Grant maintenance requests and project variations
- Final Reports
- Answer queries sent through the MyImpact system
- Deal with Je-S registration requests and update Je-S approver pools
- Liaise with funders, academics and school administrators to answer queries regarding external research funding
- General queries