I work in the Grants and Contracts team, which is part of the University Research Office.
The team's role as a whole is to provide efficient, timely support to academics applying for research grants in the SAgE and HASS faculties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Grants Administrator I provide help and support to academics when applying for external research funding.
My responsibilities include:
- Advise on applications. This includes checking all guidance for eligibility, carrying out internal checks on applications to ensure compliance with the Universities policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of costings in MyProjects Proposals and facilitate the sign off process.
- Submit applications via electronic systems on behalf of the University e.g. Je-S, eGAP and others.
- Process award notifications and arrange account setups with Contract Financial Management to create RES accounts for awarded projects.
- Administer Grant maintenance requests and project variations.
- Answer queries sent through the MyImpact system.
- Deal with Je-S registration requests and update Je-S approver pools.
- Liaise with funders, academics and school administrators to answer queries regarding external research funding.
- General research funding queries.