The Policy and Information Team within RES manage the day to day workings and strategic development of the following core systems:
- The e-Prints service provides free access to peer-reviewed research, including journal articles, conference papers and book chapters, produced by Newcastle University staff. The full text of documents is available on open access wherever possible, and new items are added regularly.
- Kit-Catalogue is a web-based online system (developed by Loughborough University) and the information held in the system is based on the University's finance and insurance asset registers. The Kit-Catalogue has an internal (private) view which is visible only to University staff when signed in, the internal view contains details on all the University's assets, there is also a public (external) view, this contains more limited information on only the items which the asset owners have decided to make public. The public view also feeds into the N8 Asset register: http://www.n8equipment.org.uk/ and the UK Higher Education National Equipment register: http://equipment.data.ac.uk/, which you can use to search for equipment outside of the University.
- MyImpact (internal access only) is a web based person centric project outcome system including Publications, Teaching Modules, PGR Supervisions, Projects including Research and Consultancy and the ability to amend your own Web-Profile.
MyProjects Proposals and MyProjects
- MyProjects Proposals (internal access only) is a costing and pricing system for both Research and non research activities. The system is integrated with the University HR and Finance systems and works seamlessly with MyProjects.
- MyProjects is an on-line facility used by Grants & Contracts/Joint Research Office, Commercial Development Office to record all project applications from initial application through to award and archive.