Research at the International Centre for Music Studies
Welcome to the research pages for the International Centre for Music Studies (ICMuS).
Ten key facts about staff research and research facilities at ICMuS
- ICMuS is pleased to have consolidated its position as a leading centre for research into music, with the overwhelming majority of our research (80%) being classed as world-leading or internationally excellent in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
- World-leading and internationally excellent research in all areas
- International dissemination of outputs through printed publication, commercial recording, live performance and online publication
- Full online access to over 100 music journals
- An extensive library collection (books, scores and recordings)
- Outstanding research and performance facilities (including the Music Studios, opened 2009)
- Over 30 research students undertaking research across the full spectrum of our research interests
- Weekly research forum given by visiting international scholars
- Research-intensive links with The Sage Gateshead, major national and international research institutions, a range of British and international venues, ensembles and performing artists
- ICMuS hosts the online journal Radical Musicology
Newcastle Genocide Research Group
Forthcoming: on 8 November the Newcastle Genocide Research Group will host a one-day workshop; for more information on the Group and this event, visit our blog at http://genocidegroup.wordpress.com.
Previous event: 5 March 2013, 4.00-6.00pm, film screening: The Grey Zone. This event took place in the Beehive Theatre.