Dr Gabi Arrigoni
I am a researcher with expertise in Digital Heritage, Digital Culture and New Media Art. My practice-based approach often involves design-led methodologies and curatorship.
I am a Research Associate on the EU-funded project Critical Heritages (CoHERE): performing and representing identities in Europe in which I investigate the role of digitally-enabled conversations in constructing heritage identities in Europe.
I have a background in Heritage Studies, Art History and Art Curatorship and previous professional experience in the museum and art publishing sectors.
ResearchMy current research interests focus on the impact of digital culture and emerging technologies on heritage practices. In my work I combine desk-based and practice-based methods. The latter include curatorial and participatory formats such as design-led workshops, exhibitions, engagement activities, symposia and platforms of co-creation.
I teach the module Digital Cultural Communication and the Cultural Sector.
In the past I have contributed lectures and seminars to the Masters courses in Creative Arts Practice and in Museums and Galleries Studies.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T. Understanding Artistic Prototypes between Activism and Research. In: XCOAX2015. 2015, Glasgow, UK: Universidade do Porto.
- Arrigoni G. Epistemologies of prototyping: knowing in artistic research. Digital Creativity 2016, 27(2), 99-112.
- Arrigoni G, Zics B. Fiction and curatorial practice: developing alternative experiences for digital artistic prototypes. International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media 2016, 12(1), 82-94.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T, Shaw T, Bowers J. Prototyping Heritage: Collections, Materials and Emerging Approaches to Engagement. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Connected Communities Heritage Network Symposium. 2015, Sheffield: Heritage Network project.
- Arrigoni G. The Pointless chat-room: coping with absence in online performance. In: Proceedings of the 19th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA2013. 2013.
- Schofield T, Arrigoni G. Network Time Where it Counts. Temporality and Critical Approaches to Infrastructure. In: Design For Next: Proceedings of the 12th European Academy of Design Conference. 2017, Rome, Italy: Taylor and Francis.
- Arrigoni G, Galani A, Galani L, Halkia K, Kassaveti OE, Kakampoura R. Online Visual Dialogues about Place: Using the Geostream Tools to Identify Heritage Practices on Photo-sharing Social Media. CoHERE Critical Archive: Newcastle University, 2017.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T, Shaw T, Bowers J. Prototyping Heritage: Collections, Materials and Emerging Approaches to Engagement. In: Connected Communities Heritage Network Symposium. 2015, Sheffield: University of Sheffield. In Preparation.