The University's pre-arrival website contains registration and induction information for all new students. There is also an International Welcome Programme for international students.
See the information below to get a feel for what a typical Induction Week is like.
Induction week 2017 will begin 25 September and end on 29 September
For more information, see the timetable that is specific to your programme:
- Museum Gallery and Heritage Studies Induction Week Timetable 2017 (PDF 268kb)
- Museum Gallery and Heritage Programme Handbook 2017-18 (PDF 1549kb)
- MA CAP Induction Week Timetable 2017 (PDF 91kb)
- Master of Fine Art Induction Week Timetable 2017 (PDF 154kb)
- MCH PGT Media - Induction Week Timetable 2017/18 (PDF: 30kb)
- MCH PGT Media Programme Handbook 2017-18 (PDF 1404kb)
Media, Culture, Heritage students
Before you arrive, you'll get introductory reading lists that we recommend you make your way through.
For Media degrees, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the media landscape in the UK by reading newspapers online.
For Art, Museum and Gallery, Heritage or Museum Studies degrees, we recommend you visit as many museums, galleries and heritage sites as possible. Look at their presentation and interpretation with a critical eye.