About the Course
Lidar Data in ArcGIS
This course is no longer delivered.
Methods for the collection of Lidar (Light Detection and Ranging) data have been around for more than 20 years, but the mammoth size of the datasets has restricted its integration with GIS. The most recent version of ArcGIS has new functionality which allows users to utilise the full power of Lidar data in an efficient way. This course will investigate the complete workflow, from data collection to conversion to modelling to analysis in 2 and 3D.
- Understand what Lidar data is and how it is collected and formatted
- Learn how to create special Lidar datasets in ArcGIS
- Find out how to perform analysis on Lidar Point Clouds
- See how Lidar data can be converted into surface models
- Discover how to model Lidar data in 3D
- Confidently perform 3D analysis