- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 8784
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/res/knowledge/ktp/
- Address: KTP Unit
Research and Enterprise Services
Old Library Building
As KTP Manager, my role is to support academics and companies in obtaining funding for Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) projects. KTP is a part government funded programme which has supported innovative projects between Universities and businesses for over 40 years. KTPs establish long term relationships with businesses, which lead to impact, publications, conference presentations and feed into and enrich research and teaching. For the business partner, KTPs increase profitability and establish a competitive advantage.
Newcastle has a 90% success rate in KTP approvals.
I, together with the KTP team, provide:
- Schools and Institutes with support in raising awareness of KTP.
- Assistance in the completion of the KTP application. This will include help in writing the application itself together with lay review of the application.
- Full project management support for KTP. To include the recruitment of the Associate (Researcher), full financial management, attendance at project progress meetings and assistance with the completion of the final report. We deal with all aspects of the management of KTPs to free up the academic and School/Institute's time to concentrate on the research.
- Advice on other Innovate UK funding opportunities.
To find out more please visit our dedicated KTP website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/res/knowledge/ktp/ or please contact me directly.
Prior to joining the Newcastle University, I worked in the finance, legal and insurance industries for 10 years. I joined Newcastle University in 1996 and worked in the Finance Department for 9 years. During my time in Finance I qualified as an Accountant.
In 2005 I became KTP Manager. I work closely with Academics in growing the University's portfolio of KTPs. Newcastle has a strong track record and reputation in delivering successful KTPs. We are currently ranked 7th in the UK.
Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Member of the Association of University Administrators