Industrial Liaison Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6854
I spent a number of years in Civil Engineering consultancy, both office and site based, specialising in the design and construction of coastal protection projects.
Following my teaching qualification, I worked in secondary science education (UK curriculum, Singapore) and as a high school academic coach (US curriculum, Dubai and UK).
Completion of my MSc at York University was followed by a period of research working within the Rolls-Royce funded University Technology Centre (UTC) in software requirements engineering for aero-engine control systems.
I am part of a SAgE Faculty team working to support engagement with industry to enrich teaching, learning and the student experience. I work across Schools within the Faculty on initiatives that support:
- Enhancing core knowledge
- Developing generic & sector-specific graduate and professional skills
- Improving employability
- Raising awareness of career pathways and prospects
- Exploring further study
- Industrial Advisory Panels
- Site visits
- Together with Industry (seminar series)
- Industrial student-facing events
- Engineering placements (Short & long)
- Careers Service liaison
- Individual CV & Application support
- Employer engagement
- Curriculum development projects
MEng Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Liverpool, 1991
PGCE, Newcastle University, 1997
MSc Information Processing (IT conversion course), University of York, 1999
NCL8007: Career Development for Masters Students (procurement and support for placements)
ICM0054: Year in Industry (module leader)
- Bramald T, Allenby K. Where do they go?. Geomatics World 2015, 23(5), 30-31.