Dr Kirsty Steed
Faculty Research Projects Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5015
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sage/
- Address: Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, UK
My role as Faculty Research Projects Manager is to provide a comprehensive professional support service to the Faculty Dean of Research and Innovation in the implementation of the Faculty's research and innovation strategy. This is carried out as part of the Faculty Research and Innovation Support team, which includes the Faculty Research Manager, Faculty Research Administrator and Faculty Impact Officer as well as the Faculty Research Funding Development and Enterprise Teams.
My responsibilities include REF, analysis and provision of benchmarking and management information, leading and coordinating cross-Faculty and cross-University research projects, equality and diversity (including Athena SWAN), and the development of researchers and research leaders.
I was previously based in Electrical and Electronic Engineering as the administrator for the eFutures network, eFuturesXD cross-disciplinary funding account and nanoLAB research centre before moving to a Faculty role.
- Faculty Research Manager, Newcastle University - Maternity Cover (2014-2015)
- Faculty Research Administrator, Newcastle University (2013-2014)
- Research Network Administrator, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Newcastle University (2010-2013)
- PDRA, Symmetry Breaking in Molecular Crystal Structures, University of Durham (2005-2010)
- Crystallographic Data Editor, Royal Society of Chemistry (2001-2005)
PGCert in Higher Education Administration, Management & Leadership (AUA, 2016)
PhD in Structural Chemistry (Bristol, 2002)
BSc Hons. Chemistry (Bristol, 1998)
Honours and Awards
CCDC Chemical Crystallography Prize for Younger Scientists 2008
ARMA - Association of Research Managers and Administrators
AUA - Association of University Administrators
- Anderson KM, Probert MR, Whiteley CN, Rowland AM, Goeta AE, Steed JW. Designing Co-Crystals of Pharmaceutically Relevant Compounds That Crystallize with Z′ > 1. Crystal Growth and Design 2009, 9(2), 1082-1087.
- Steed JW, Steed KM. Packing Problems: High Z′ Crystal Structures and their Relationship to Cocrystals, Inclusion Compounds and Polymorphism. Chemical Reviews 2015, 115(8), 2895-2933.
- Qureshi N, Yufit DS, Steed KM, Howard JAK, Steed JW. Anion hydrogen bonding from a 'revealed' urea ligand. CrystEngComm 2016, 18(28), 5333-5337.