Dr Kirsty Steed
Research Strategy Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 2386
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/sage/
- Address: Level 5, King's Gate
My primary role as Research Strategy Officer is to support the Pro Vice Chancellor for Research Strategy & Resources (PVC-RSR) in the design, delivery and monitoring of the University Research Strategy.
My responsibilities also include evaluation of the research landscape both internally and externally, surveying research practice in comparator institutions and developing the Newcastle Academic Track model. I also contribute to other projects in the PVC-RSR remit including those relating to external funding opportunities, industrial engagement with research, planning and strategic development.
I was previously based in the SAgE Faculty as a Research Manager and before that was the administrator for the eFutures network, eFuturesXD cross-disciplinary funding account and nanoLAB research centre based in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (now part of the School of Engineering).
- Faculty Research Projects Manager, Newcastle University (2015-2017)
- Faculty Research Manager, Newcastle University - Maternity Cover (2014-2015)
- Faculty Research Administrator, Newcastle University (2013-2014)
- Research Network Administrator, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Newcastle University (2010-2013)
- PDRA, Symmetry Breaking in Molecular Crystal Structures, University of Durham (2005-2010)
- Crystallographic Data Editor, Royal Society of Chemistry (2001-2005)
PGCert in Higher Education Administration, Management & Leadership (AUA, 2016)
PhD in Structural Chemistry (Bristol, 2002)
BSc. Hons. Chemistry (Bristol, 1998)
Honours and Awards
CCDC Chemical Crystallography Prize for Younger Scientists 2008
ARMA - Association of Research Managers and Administrators
AUA - Association of University Administrators
- Anderson KM, Probert MR, Whiteley CN, Rowland AM, Goeta AE, Steed JW. Designing Co-Crystals of Pharmaceutically Relevant Compounds That Crystallize with Z′ > 1. Crystal Growth and Design 2009, 9(2), 1082-1087.
- Steed JW, Steed KM. Packing Problems: High Z′ Crystal Structures and their Relationship to Cocrystals, Inclusion Compounds and Polymorphism. Chemical Reviews 2015, 115(8), 2895-2933.
- Qureshi N, Yufit DS, Steed KM, Howard JAK, Steed JW. Anion hydrogen bonding from a 'revealed' urea ligand. CrystEngComm 2016, 18(28), 5333-5337.