Faculty Marketing and Communications Manager
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3987
- Personal Website: https://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/tombramald/
- Address: Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tom Bramald joined the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering as Marketing and Communications Manager in December 2016. Prior to this role, he led the Marketing, Development and Engagement team in the University's School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences.
He has experience of representing the University internationally in Brunei, Botswana, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Singapore, and Qatar.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Faculty Representative to University Intranet Steering Group
- Link to the University Press Office supporting press releases, marker pieces, and news-in-brief production
- Writing and publishing of copy for professional, trade and specialist interest
- Senior Returning Officer for Newcastle University Students' Union Elections
- Member of Science and Engineering Excellence Steering Group
Fellow Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Postgraduate Certificate Advanced Studies in Academic Practice (2015)
BSc (Hons) Surveying and Mapping Science (University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2001)
Senior Teaching Associate, Newcastle University (2010 - 2016)
Development Officer, Newcastle University (2006 - 2010)
Junior Research Associate, Newcastle University (2004 - 2006)
Responsible for the day to day running of the geomatics.org.uk project. (EPSRC grant GR/S83180/01)
Marine Construction Surveyor, Fugro Chance Inc. (2001 - 2004)
Working primarily in oil and gas, completed projects in the Gulf of Mexico, North Sea and offshore Israel and Angola.