Priority will be given to a school or college where:
- the number of students achieving either five or more GCSEs A* to C, including Mathematics and English, is 35% or less
- the average QCA points score per student is 550 or less (School performance data for GCSE and post-16 are those quoted by the DFE for 2014)
- there is an Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) score greater than 80% and/or Free School Meals (FSM) score greater than 25%
If the event becomes oversubscribed, bookings will be capped at a maximum of 20 students per school.
Primary School Event Eligibility
For group bookings by a Primary School, the following criteria will be applied if the event is oversubscribed.
Priority will be given to schools in the following order of priority, using the proportion of ‘disadvantaged students’*:
- 50%+ of pupils are classed as disadvantaged pupils
- 40-50% of pupils are classed as disadvantaged pupils
- Below 40% of pupils are classed as disadvantaged pupils
*DofE classification of ‘disadvantaged pupils’ - % of key stage 2 disadvantaged pupils (those who were eligible for free school meals in last 6 years or are looked after by the LA).