Dr Kheng-Lim Goh
Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +65 6908 6073
- Personal Website: http://sites.google.com/site/fibrecomposites
Dr Goh is an Associate Professor at Newcastle University Singapore.
- PhD, University of Aberdeen
- MSc (Physics), National University of Singapore
- MSc (Medical Physics), University of Aberdeen
- BSc (Physics), National University of Singapore
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Chartered Physicist (CPhys)
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE)
- Member of the Institution of Physics (MInstP)
Previous Roles and ResponsibilitiesDirector of Operations (Singapore programme), from 2011 (1st July) -2016 (30th April)
My research aims to understand the physical properties of natural and synthetic materials and to use this understanding to engineer composite materials, as well as to repair damaged composite materials.
I am the author of the book on 'Discontinuous -fibre reinforced composites: fundamentals of stress transfer and fracture mechanics', published by Springer (2017).
Enquiries from potential (academic or industrial) collaborators are welcome. If you are interested in doing MPhil or PhD degree with me, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
For details concerning on-going projects with external collaborators, e.g. University and Industry, see fibrecomposites
* Investigation of the fundamentals of fibre and particle reinforced composites, relating to
- Novel hierarchical discontinuous-fibres, particles for reinforcing composites
- Repair of damaged composite laminates
- Functionalization of the fibre-matrix or particle-matrix interface
* Repair of connective tissues
Understanding the structure-function relationship of extracellular matrix, in relation to
- Collagen fibril and fibre biomechanics
- Age-related changes
- Cell-matrix interaction
- Halloysite nanotubes
- Polyhedral oligomeric silseisquioxane
* Post-graduate students
- Nami Obuko (started 2015 Oct)
- Rachel Wang (started 2016 Jan)
- Wei Liang LAI (started 2016 Sep)
- Zhang Yi (started 2017 Sep)
- Best paper, by Shahrain Mahmood (MPhil candidate), 14th CIRP Conference on Computer Aided Tolerancing
- Best oral presenter, by Nami Obuko (MPhil candidate), 6th MTERMS & 2nd Malaysian Stem Cell Meeting
- Shahrain Mahmood (MPhil, completed in 2017)
2009-present Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology
2010-present Journal of Medical Imaging & Health Informatics
2014-present Cogent Engineering
2016-2017 International Journal of Biomaterials - special issue on: Extracellular Matrix(ECM)-based Tissue as Biomaterial Scaffolds
S Wan, MSW Lau, J Leong, N An, KL Goh, Mixing Simulations of a Wankel Pump as a Micromixer, ASME, 5th International Conference on Micro/Nanoscale Heat and Mass transport, Singapore, Jan 4-6, 2016
S Wan, MSW Lau, J Leong, N An, KL Goh, The two-stage Lau-Wan Wankel Pump/Mixer, ASME, 5th International Conference on Micro/Nanoscale Heat and Mass transport, Singapore, Jan 4-6, 2016
Wang K, KL Goh, Physico-chemical characterisation of a novel chitosan/lignin composite fibre, Frontiers in Chemical Engineering, The 8th Global Chinese Chemical Engineers Symposium, Singapore, Jul 20-22, 2016
S Mahmood, D Talamona, KL Goh, A.J. Qureshi, Fast Deviation Simulation for ‘Fused Deposition Modeling’ Process, 14th CIRP Conference on Computer Aided Tolerancing, May 18-20, 2016
R Wang, KL Goh, Micromechanical Testing of Natural Fibres and Synthetic Fibres and Composites, 11th Int'l Conf. on Advances in Expt'l Mech, British Society for Strain Measuremen, Exeter University, Sep 5-7, 2016
KL Goh, Repair of composites in aircraft structures, JEC Asia, Int'l Composites Event, Singapore, Nov 15-17, 2016
KL Goh, Fibre reinforced composite damage & repair: prospects and challenges, Composite Materials & Manufacturing Symposium (CMMS) 2016, University Technology Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur Campus Nov 14-15, 2016
N Obuko, A Qureshi, K Dalgarno, KL Goh, 6th MTERMS 2016 & 2nd Malaysian Stem Cell Meeting, Penang, Malaysia, Nov 17-18, 2016
International Symposium on Nanoengineered Composites, 15-17 July 2015, Risø Campus, Roskilde, Technical University of Denmark/Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation
Wong E, Goh KL, Lau MWS, Integrating design, materials selection and mechanics in mechanical design and manufacturing engineering, Granta Design 1st Asian Materials Education Symposium, Singapore, 11-12th Dec 2014
Goh KL, Mahmood S, Talamona D, Wong WLE, CK Liew, Teaching materials science and engineering in a two-year mechanical engineering degree programme, Granta Design 1st Asian Materials Education Symposium, Singapore, 11-12th Dec 2014
‘Hierarchical mechanics of connective tissues’, International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, ICMMB19, Bologna, Italy, 3-5 Sep 2014
De Silva R, Pasbakhsh P, Wahit MU, Goh KL, ‘Comparative analysis of the solvent casting and melt compounding synthesis methods for PLA/Halloysite polymer composite films’, Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials XXII (PFAMXXII), Singapore, 16-20th Dec 2013
De Silva RT, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL, Chai SP, ‘Synthesis and characterisation of novel halloysite nanotubes/chitosan composite membranes’, 15TH European Conference on Composite Materials (ECCM15), Venice, Italy, 24-28 Jun 2012
Dastgir N, Pasbakhsh P, Guo NQ, Ismail N, Goh KL, ‘Finite element analysis of copper wire bonding in integrated circuits’, 2012 International Conference on Machine Design and Manufacturing Engineering (ICMDME 2012), Jeju Island (South Korea), 15-16 April 2012
Chew SL, Wang K, Chai SP, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL, ‘Comparative analysis of the physical properties of hydroxapatite and polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes crystalline particulates reinforcing chitosan-based ribbon-like composite microfibres’, 8th Asian-Australasian Conference on Composite Materials (ACCM-8), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 6-8th Nov 2012
Fernandopulle C, Govindasamy K, De Silva R, Pasbakhsh P, Chai SP, Goh KL, ‘Electrospun Chitosan/Halloysite Nanocomposite’, 8th Asian-Australasian Conference on Composite Materials (ACCM-8), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 6-8th Nov 2012
Goh KL, Tan LP, ‘Micromechanical fibre-recruitment computer modelling of liquid crystalline polymeric (LC5000) fibrils reinforcing polycarbonate composites’, 4th International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting, ACE-X 2010, Paris (France), 8-9 July 2010
Goh KL, Yeo YY, Liao K, Listrat A, Bechet D, ‘Dehydrothermal effects on the ultra-structure and micromechanical properties of collagen fibres: implications on biomechanics of burned connective tissues’, 4th International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting, ACE-X 2010, Paris, France, 8-9 July 2010
Wang HJ, Béchet D, Meunier B, Lee K, Goh KL, Listrat A, ‘Age-related variations in fiber morphology and ECM distribution in mouse skeletal muscle’, 2nd Joint meeting of the French and German Connective Tissue Societies and CARD, Reims, June 3-5 2009
Wang HJ, Meunier B, Béchet D, Lee K, Labas R, Léonard C, Goh KL, Listrat A, ‘Image Analysis of the intramuscular connective tissue’, 55th ICOMST, Copenhagen (Denmark), 16-21 August, 2009
Goh KL, Yang C, Wang HJ, 'A framework for stress transfer mechanisms in connective tissues', 4th Kuala Lumpur International Conference on Biomedical Engineering 2008
Goh KL, Wang HJ, Liu MJ, Chou SM, 'Significance of age-related variations in the structure and material properties in extra-cellular matrices of connective tissues', 4th Kuala Lumpur International Conference on Biomedical Engineering 2008
Goh KL, Wang HJ, Liu MJ, Chou SM, Wess TJ, ‘Effects of freeze storage on extra-cellular structure in connective tissues’, XXIth Meeting of the Federation of European Connective Tissue Societies, Marseille (France), Jul 9-13th 2008
Goh KL, ‘Age-related changes in the structure of collagen: an investigation on tail tendons from C57BL6 mice using small-angle x-ray scattering’, 2nd SSLS Synchrotron Radiation Workshop and Users' Meeting, Biopolis (Singapore), Nov 21st 2008
Huq AMA, Zhou ZR, Goh KL, Liao K, Xiao T, 'Interaction of Stone-Wales defect and its effect on creep rupture of single-walled carbon nanotubes,' ICCE-15, Hainan Island (China), July 15th 2007
Goh KL, Lu YH, Holmes DF, Richardson SH, Kadler KE, Purslow PP, Wess TJ, ‘Age-related changes in the strain-energy density to rupture of connective tissues,’ 7th Pan Pacific Connective Tissue Societies Symposium 2007, Cairns (Australia), Oct 28th - Nov 1st 2007
Goh KL, Lu YH, Holmes DF, Richardson SH, Kadler KE, Purslow PP, Wess TJ, ‘Age-related changes in the mechanical stability of the extra-cellular matrix,’ XXth Meeting of the Federation of European Connective Tissue Societies, Oulu (Finland), Jul 1-5th 2006
Goh KL, ‘Biological nanostructures: Collagen fibrils reinforcing connective tissues: effects of shape, relative modulus of collagen, interfacial bonding,’ NanoTechnology six-monthly seminar, Singapore, Nov 3rd 2005
Goh KL, Holmes DF, Kadler KE, Wess TJ, ‘Determination of age-related changes in fibril diameters by small-angle x-ray scattering and transmission electron microscopy’, 13th Annual Fibre Diffraction and Non-crystalline Diffraction Workshop CCP13, Grenoble (France), Jun 2-4th 2004
Goh KL, Roddick E, Blain E, Zhang YD, Rees E, Duance V, Aeschlimann D, Wess TJ, ‘Age-related changes in the mechanical properties of the mouse tail tendons’, XIXth Meeting of the Federation of European Connective Tissue Societies, Taormina-Giardini Naxos (Italy), Jul 9-13th 2004
Aspden RM, Goh KL, Hukins DWL, ‘Fibre reinforcing in connective tissue extracellular matrices”, British Society for Matrix Biology, Oxford (UK), Mar 19th 2003
Goh KL, Wess TJ, ‘Determination of collagen fibril cross-sectional size by small-angle x-ray scattering’, 12th Annual Fibre Diffraction and Non-crystalline Diffraction Workshop CCP13, Cambridge (UK), Jul 2-4th 2003
Hukins DWL, Goh KL, Aspden RM, ‘Extracellular matrix as a composite material reinforced by collagen fibrils’, Acta of Bioengineering & Biomechanics 4 (Suppl1), Poland 2002
2000 and before
Goh, KL, Mathias, KJ, Aspden, RM, Hukins, DWL, ‘Tissue reinforcement by non-cylindrical collagen fibrils’, 12th Conf of the Eur Soc Biomech, Dublin, Ireland, p 317 2000
Aspden RM, Hukins DWL, Goh KL, Mathias KJ, ‘Fibre reinforcing in articular cartilage’, Research Workshop of the Israel Science Foundation. The collagen network in human articular cartilage-structure and function, Kibbutz Nahsholim (Israel) 1999
Goh KL, Aspden RM, Mathias KJ, Hukins DWL, ‘Fibre reinforcing in connective tissues’ Annual Day Conference on Cartilage Tissue Engineering & Related Topics, University of Leeds (UK) 1998
Goh KL, Liew SC, Hasegawa BH, ‘Correction of energy-dependent systematic errors in dual-energy x-ray CT, IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium & Medical Imaging Symposium (NSS-MIC '96), San Francisco 1996
Goh KL, Liew SC, Hasegawa BH, ‘Correction of energy-dependent systematic errors in dual-energy x-ray CT, IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium & Medical Imaging Symposium (NSS-MIC '96), San Francisco 1996
Goh KL, ‘Performance of an automated centrifuge control system’, Proc Int’l Conf Centrifuge, CF Leung, FH Lee, TS Tan (Eds), Centrifuge '94, Singapore 1994
CONFERENCE, SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBER
Scientific Committee member, BSSM International Conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics, August 29-31 2018, Southampton
International Scientific Advisory Committee member, International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology (ICMMB), May 14-15th 2017, Melbourne
International Scientific Advisory Committee member, International Conference on Design, Mechanical and Material Engineering (D2ME), September 7-10th 2017, Melbourne
Scientific Committee member, BSSM International Conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics, August 29-31 2017, Sheffield
International scientific committee member, International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology (ICMMB-19), Sep 3-5th 2014, Bologna, Italy
Technical programme committee member, ScieTech 2014, Jakarta, Indonesia, 13-14 Jan 2014,
Technical programme committee member, ScieTech 2013, Jakarta, Indonesia, 24-25 Jan 2013
Conference committee member, 8th Asian-Australasian Conference on Composite Materials (ACCM-8), Nov 6-8th 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, http://www.accm8.my/LocComm.html
Conference committee member & Seminar Chair (Biomaterials), 7th International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance, Nov 5-7th 2008, Singapore, http://www.materials.org.sg/
Conference committee member, International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, Dec 11-15th, 2006, Singapore, http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/ICMMB15/
Conference committee member, 5th International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance, Dec 11-15th, 2006, Singapore, http://www.materials.org.sg/
External reviewer of research grant: Polish National Science Centre (18 Mar 2016)
Decentralised Gap Funding, (Republic Polytechnic, PI Dr Hamid Saeedipour), External collaborator
EPSRC Partnering for GCRF grant, Oct 2017, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
GCRF Rapid Response Call grant, June 2017, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, Singapore 30/11/2015-30/11/2017, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Newcastle University VC Visiting Professorship (Prof David Hukins), 10/07/2014- 10/07/2015, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Ministry of Education Translational R&D and Innovation Fund Grant, Singapore 01/01/2014-01/01/2016, Co-investigator
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme, Ministry of Education Malaysia FRGS/2/2010/SG/MUSM/02/6 01/12/2013- 30/11/2016, External collaborator
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme, Ministry of Education Malaysia, FRGS/2/2010/SG/MUSM/02/6 06/01/2011- 06/01/2013, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Fundamental Research Grant Scheme, Ministry of Education Malaysia, FRGS/2/2010/TK/MUSM/01/1 06/01/2011- 06/01/2013, Co-investigator
Collier Charitable Funds – Equipment Grants for Research & Teaching, Australia, RM4 Project Code 2009002204 01/01/2010-31/12/2010, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Collier Charitable Funds – Equipment Grants for Research & Teaching, Australia, RM4 Project Code 2009002205 01/01/2010-31/12/2010, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Collier Charitable Funds – Equipment Grants for Research & Teaching, Australia, RM4 Project Code 2009002206 01/01/2010-31/12/2010, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Monash Australia, Europe Travel Grant 2009, Cost Centre: 5140644-113-00 05/11/2009- 31/12/2010, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Academic Research Fund, Ministry of Education Singapore, RG37/07 01/03/2008-01/03/2011, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Research Scholarship Scheme, NNC-ETH Collaboration 16/07/2007-16/07/2010, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Merlion-France Programme (3.05.07) 30/07/2007- 30/07/2009, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Supplementary Equipment Purchase, Ministry of Education Singapore, RG123/06 12/02/2007-12/02/2008, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Research Outcome Award & Recognition (Post-graduate funding), Nanyang Technological University 30/11/2006- 30/11/2008, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Academic Research Fund, Ministry of Education Singapore, RG34/06 30/10/2006- 01/11/2009, PRINCIPALINVESTIGATOR
Research Grant Manpower 02/10/2006-19/07/2007, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Research Grant Manpower 02/10/2006-19/07/2007, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
Nano-cluster seed funding 30/04/2005-30/04/2006, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC POSITIONS
Senior Lecturer, Monash University, Malaysia Campus
Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Post-doctoral Research Associate, Cardiff University, UK
Post-doctoral Research Associate, Stirling University, UK
Research Assistant, Aberdeen University, UK
Professional Officer, National University of Singapore
- MEC2101 Numerical & Analytical Methods A (20 credits)
- MEC2104 Materials and Manufacturing (15 credits)
- MEC3101 Numerical & Analytical Methods B (15 credits)
- MEC3103 Product Design Engineering* (15 credits)
- MEC3190 Manufacturing Engineering Project (30 credits)
- MME1121 Engineering Statics (5 ECTS credits)
- MME1112 Engineering Maths 2 (7.5 ECTS credits)
- MME2121 Engineering Dynamics (5 ECTS credits)
- MME2141 Materials and Manufacturing (5 ECTS credits)
- MME3111 Engineering Systems Modelling and Simulation (5 ECTS credits)
- MME3191 Capstone Project (20 ECTS credits)
AwardsThe Nanyang Awards (2007) for Excellence in Teaching
- Wang K, Pasbakhsh P, DeSilva RT, Goh KL. A Comparative Analysis of the Reinforcing Efficiency of Silsesquioxane Nanoparticles versus Apatite Nanoparticles in Chitosan Biocomposite Fibres. Journal of Composites Science 2017, 1, 9.
- Lai WL, Cheah AYH, Ruiz RCO, Lo NGW, Kuah KQJ, Saeedipour H, Goh KL. A simple portable low-pressure healant-injeciton device for repairing damaged composite laminates. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Goh KL, Holmes DF. Collagenous Extracellular Matrix Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering: Lessons from the Common Sea Urchin Tissue. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2017, 18(5), 901.
- Goh KL, Chen YS, Chua RJJ, Fong TC, Woh YK, Tan EZE, Wang R. Development of a novel mechanical tester for microfracture analysis. Malaysian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences 2017, 470-476.
- Wilkinson SJ, Naylor A, Goh KL. Digital image analysis protocol for determining the radiocarpal joint space in the rheumatoid arthritic wrist. Computers in Biology and Medicine 2017, 89, 127-134.
- De Silva RT, Mantilaka MMMGPG, Goh KL, Ratnayake SP, Amaratunga GAJ, De Silva KMN. Magnesium Oxide Nanoparticles Reinforced Electrospun Alginate-Based Nanofibrous Scaffolds with Improved Physical Properties. International Journal of Biomaterials 2017, 2017, 1391298.
- Tan ZE, Liew CK, Yee FC, Talamona D, Goh KL. Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch Fibres and Biopolymer Composites: Possible Effects of Moisture on the Elasticity, Fracture Properties and Reliability. In: Jawaid, M; Sapuan, SM; Alothman, OY, ed. Green Composites: Manufacturing and Properties. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 2017, pp.271-291.
- Thomas S, Woh YK, Wang R, Goh KL. Probing the hydrophilicity of coir fibres: analysis of the mechanical properties of single coir fibres. Procedia Engineering 2017, 200, 206-212.
- Saeedipour H, Liang LW, Eugene WWL, Lim GK, Gibson G. Smart restoration of internal defects in damaged composite aerostructures. JEC Composites Magazine 2017, 54(113), 70-73.
- Mahmood S, Qureshi AJ, Goh KL, Talamona D. Tensile strength of partially filled FFF printed parts: meta modelling. Rapid Prototyping Journal 2017, 23, 524-533.
- Wang K, Loo LS, Goh KL. A facile method for processing lignin reinforced chitosan biopolymer microfibres: optimising the fibre mechanical properties through lignin type and concentration. Materials Research Express 2016, 3(3), 035301.
- Lau MWS, Wan S, Goh KL, Leong J, Lim A. Design module for the industry design and development of a novel gearless Wankel-like mixer–pump: The Lau–Wan mixer. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education 2016, 44(3), 220-232.
- Lim BY, Lau MWS, Wan S, Leong J, Lim A, Huo D, Goh KL. Development of a two-stage Lau-Wan Wankel pump/mixer. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education 2016, 44(2), 97-112.
- Goh KL. Discontinuous-fibre reinforced composites :Fundamentals of Stress Transfer and Fracture Mechanics. London: Springer, 2016.
- Mohonee VK, Goh KL. Effects of fibre-fibre interaction on stress uptake in discontinuous fibre reinforced composites. Composites Part B: Engineering 2016, 86, 221-228.
- Makaremi M, Lim CX, Pasbakhsh P, Lee SM, Goh KL, Chang HK, Chan ES. Electrospun functionalized polyacrylonitrile-chitosan Bi-layer membranes for water filtration applications. RSC Advances 2016, 6(59), 53882-53893.
- Mahmood S, Talamona D, Goh KL, Qureshi AJ. Fast Deviation Simulation for 'Fused Deposition Modeling' process. In: 14th Conference on Computer Aided Tolerancing (CIRP CAT 2016). 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden: Elsevier Science BV.
- De Silva RT, Soheilmoghaddam M, Goh KL, Wahit MU, Bee SA, Chai SP, Pasbakhsh P. Influence of the processing methods on the properties of poly(lactic acid)/halloysite nanocomposites. Polymer Composites 2016, 37(3), 861-869.
- Wan S, Lau MSW, Leong J, An N, Goh KL. Mixing Simulations of a Wankel Pump as a Micromixer. In: ASME 2016 5th International Conference on Micro/Nanoscale Heat and Mass Transfer. 2016, Singapore: American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Wong WLE, Joyce TJ, Goh KL. Resolving the viscoelasticity and anisotropy dependence of the mechanical properties of skin from a porcine model. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology 2016, 15(2), 433-446.
- DeSilva R, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL. Biopolymer nanocomposites: Polylactic Acid/Halloysite Nanotube Composites. In: Pasbaksh, P; Churchman, GJ, ed. Natural Mineral Nanatubes: Properties and Applications. Apple Academic Press, 2015.
- Lai WL, Goh KL. Consequences of Ultra-Violet Irradiation on the Mechanical Properties of Spider Silk. Journal of Functional Biomaterials 2015, 6(3), 901-916.
- Govindasamy K, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL. Current research on chitosan-halloysite composites. In: Pasbakhsh, P; Churchman, G. Jock, ed. Natural Mineral Nanotubes: Properties and Applications. Apple Academic Press, 2015.
- Wang K, Liao K, Goh KL. How Sensitive Is the Elasticity of Hydroxyapatite-Nanoparticle-Reinforced Chitosan Composite to Changes in Particle Concentration and Crystallization Temperature?. Journal of Functional Biomaterials 2015, 6(4), 986-998.
- Goh KL, DeSilva R, Pasbakhsh P. Mechanics of Halloysite Nanotubes. In: Pasbaksh, P; Churchman, G, ed. Research Progress in Natural Mineral Nanotubes. Abingdon: CRC Press, 2015, pp.261-281.
- Fong TC, Saba N, Liew CK, DeSilva R, Hoque ME, Goh KL. Yarn Flax Fibres for Polymer-Coated Sutures and Hand Layup Polymer Composite Laminates. In: Mohd Sapuan Salit, Mohammad Jawaid, Nukman Bin Yusoff, M. Enamul Hoque, ed. Manufacturing of Natural Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composites. Springer, 2015, pp.155-175.
- De Silva RT, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL, Mishnaevsky L. 3-D computational model of poly (lactic acid)/halloysite nanocomposites: Predicting elastic properties and stress analysis. Polymer 2014, 55(24), 6418-6425.
- Goh KL, Chen SY, Liao K. A thermomechanical framework for reconciling the effects of ultraviolet radiation exposure time and wavelength on connective tissue elasticity. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology 2014, 13(5), 1025-1040.
- Wang H, Listrat A, Meunier B, Gueugneau M, Coudy-Gandilhon C, Combaret L, Taillandier D, Polge C, Attaix D, Lethias C, Lee K, Goh KL, Béchet D. Apoptosis in capillary endothelial cells in ageing skeletal muscle. Aging Cell 2014, 13(2), 254-262.
- Goh KL, Listrat A, Bechet D. Hierarchical Mechanics of Connective Tissues: Integrating Insights from Nano to Macroscopic Studies. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 2014, 10(10), 2464-2507.
- De Silva RT, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL. Prediction of elastic properties of polylactide/halloysite composites. In: 8th Australasian Congress on Applied Mechanics (ACAM 2014). 2014, Melbourne, Australia: Engineers Australia.
- De Silva R, Pasbakhsh P, Qureshi AJ, Gibson AG, Goh KL. Stress transfer and fracture in nanostructured particulate-reinforced chitosan biopolymer composites: influence of interfacial shear stress and particle slenderness. Composite Interfaces 2014, 21(9), 807-818.
- Govindasamy K, Fernandopulle C, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL. Synthesis and characterisation of electrospun chitosan membranes reinforced by halloysite nanotubes. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology 2014, 14, 1450058.
- DeSilva RT, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL, Chai SP, Chen J. Synthesis and characterisation of poly (lactic acid)/halloysite bionanocomposite films. Journal of Composite Materials 2014, 48(30), 3705-3717.
- Alhelmy-Seri-Buana MS, Pasbaskhsh P, Goh KL, Bateni F, Mas-Haris MRH. Elasticity, microstructure and thermal stability of foliage and fruit fibres from four tropical crops. Fibers and Polymers 2013, 14(4), 623-629.
- Tam XK, Pasbakhsh P, Guo NQ, Ismail N, Goh KL. Finite element modeling of copper wire bonding on a stacked-die in semiconductor Devices. International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering 2013, 5(6), 924-927.
- De Silva RT, Pasbakhsh P, Goh KL, Chai SP, Ismail H. Physico-chemical characterisation of chitosan/halloysite composite membranes. Polymer Testing 2013, 32(2), 265-271.
- Wang H, Meunier B, Goh KL, Bechet D, Listrat A, Lee K. Age-Related Feature Extraction on Mouse Skeletal Muscle: Data Mining Approach. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics 2012, 2(4), 386-392.
- Goh KL, Holmes DF, Lu Y-H, Purslow PP, Kadler KE, Bechet D, Wess TJ. Bimodal collagen fibril diameter distributions direct age-related variations in tendon resilience and resistance to rupture. Journal of Applied Physiology 2012, 113(6), 878-888.
- Dastgir N, Pasbakhsh P, Guo NQ, Ismail N, Goh KL. Finite element analysis of copper wire bonding in integrated circuit devices. Advanced Materials Research 2012, 566, 293-299.
- Cheong VS, Poh CL, Yew KSA, Lie DTT, Seah K, Goh KL. Magnetic resonance imaging of the human anterior cruciate ligament: Three-dimensional computer reconstruction and structural analysis. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics 2012, 2(4), 378-385.
- Goh KL, Tan LP. Micromechanical Fibre-Recruitment Model of Liquid Crystalline Polymer Reinforcing Polycarbonate Composites. In: Tamin, MN, ed. Damage and fracture of composite materials and structures. Heidelberg, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2012, pp.85-106.
- Lim BH, Ooi LH, Chou SM, Goh KL. Biomechanical properties of extensor tendon repaired using the six-strand single-loop suture technique: a comparative analysis with three other techniques. Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology 2011, 11(4), 845.
- Chew SL, Wang K, Chai SP, Goh KL. Elasticity, thermal stability and bioactivity of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes reinforced chitosan-based microfibres. Journal of Materials Science – Materials in Medicine 2011, 22(6), 1365-1374.
- Huq AMA, Bhuiyani BH, Liao K, Goh KL. Defect-defect interaction in single-walled carbon nanotubes under torsional loading. International Journal of Modern Physics B 2010, 24(10), 1215.
- Goh KL, Yang C, Chou SM, Listrat A, Bechet D, Wess TJ. Effects of low storage temperature on the elasticity of micro-tendons from a small murine model. Animal 2010, 4(9), 1613-1617.
- Goh KL, Meakin JR, Hukins DWL. Influence of fibre taper on the interfacial shear stress in fibre-reinforced composites during elastic stress transfer. Composite Interfaces 2010, 17(1), 74-80.
- Ng XW, Hukins DWL, Goh KL. Influence of fibre taper on the work of fibre pull-out in short fibre composite fracture. Journal of Materials Science 2010, 45(4), 1086-1090.