Dr Cindy Lee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Website: www.thesupercriticals.wordpress.com
- Address: Newcastle University
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
537 Clementi Road
SIT Building @ Ngee Ann Polytechnic Level 6
Director of Excellence in Learning and Teaching (DELT) (2017-Present)
Newcastle University International Singapore
Assistant Professor (2012-Present)
Newcastle University International Singapore, School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials
Project Leader (2008-2011)
Food Group, FeyeCon Carbon Dioxide Technologies B.V (Netherlands Research Consultancy)
Research Fellow (2006-2007)
Particle Technology and drug delivery laboratory (Prof CH Wang) (National University of Singapore)
PhD (MEBCS, Singapore-MIT Alliance)
"Fabrication of controlled release devices by supercritical fluid techniques"
MSc (Molecular Engineering of Biological and Chemical Systems, Singapore-MIT Alliance)
B.Eng (Honours) (Chemical Engineering, National University of Singapore)
Final Year Research Project: "Pneumatic Conveying of Granular Materials"
Associate Fellowship of the HE Academy (2013)
Singapore MIT Alliance PhD research Scholarship (2003)
Singapore MIT Alliance MSc Scholarship (2002)
NUS University Scholar Programme (1998 -2002)
Executive Committee Member, Awards Chair (2016): 15th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET2016, Singapore)
Executive Committee Member, Awards Chair (2016): 8th Global Chinese Chemical Engineers Symposium (GCCE2016, Singapore)
Editorial Board Member: Advanced Powder Technology (Elsevier) (2012 - Present)
Organizing Committee (2016) 5th Asian Particle Technology Conference (APT2012, Singapore)
Member of BioEnergy Society of Singapore (BESS) (2012 - Present)
Member of World Society of Sustainable Energy Technologies (WSSET) (2017 -Present)
Invited reviewers for a number of journal publications
Food waste processing, sustainable process development
Microencapsulation and controlled release systems for food and pharmaceutical applications
Collaboration with EWTCOI, Ngee Ann Polytechnic on "Sustainable Regeneration of supercritical CO2" (PhD project: Mr Soh Soon Hong) (MOETIF grant: Aug 2016 - July 2018)
Using Chemical Process Simulation software (e.g UniSim Design Suite/ Aspen HYSYS) to simulate and perform techno-economic analysis on supercritical CO2 processes
UROP collaborative supervision (with Prof CH Wang, NUS) on "Study of the supercritical drying of wet okara" (NUS UROP research student: Mr Lin Yanjie) - Oral presentation at 15th International conference of sustainable energy technologies (SET2016)
UROP collaborative supervision (with Prof CH Wang, NUS) on "Studies on curcumin loaded Eudragit L100 microparticles prepared using supercritical antisolvent technique" (NUS UROP research student: Ms Sharanya Vedula) - Poster presentation at Insights to Emerging Trends in Food Science and Technologies (2016) conference (Nanyang Poly)
Final Year Plant Design Project (Newcastle University Stage 3 students) on "Case study on supercritical CO2 drying plant and CO2 regeneration options" (Mr Fitre Mohye, Mr Jonathan Chua, Mr Yaseen Muqaffa, Ms Rebecca Lek, Ms Woon Siew Hua, Ms Loo Mei Hui) - Poster presentation at BioEnergy and Biorefinery Conference ‐ Southeast Asia 2016 (30th May – 1st Jun) - Achieved Best Poster Award (Merit Prize)
FYP collaborative supervision (with Prof CH Wang, NUS) on "Drug release from polymeric foams using supercritical foaming technique" (NUS FYP research student: Ms Jolene Ong Yi Xian)
FYP collaborative supervision (with Prof CH Wang, NUS) on "Supercritical CO2 drying of Okara and Waste Spent Grain" (NUS FYP research student: Mr Nicholas Sim)
CME2121: Engineering Practice (Heat Exchanger Networks)
CME3105: Solids Handling (Module Leader)
CME3110: Renewable Energy Technologies (Module Leader)
CME3105: Process Design, Process Economics, Project Management (Currently taught by SIT adjunct) (Module Leader)
CME3109: Final Year Plant Design Project (Module Leader and Coordinator)
Other roles and responsibility
Stage 2 tutor (AY2016/2017)
Senior tutor, CEAM NUIS (2016 - 2017)
Student-staff Committee (till 2017)
- Emtiazi G, Zohrabi T, Lee LY, Habibi N, Zarrabi A. Covalent diphenylalanine peptide nanotube conjugated to folic acid/magnetic nanoparticles for anti-cancer drug delivery. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 2017, 41, 90-98.
- Zohrabi T, Habibi N, Zarrabi A, Fanaei M, Lee LY. Diphenylalanine peptide nanotubes self-assembled on functionalized metal surfaces for potential application in drug-eluting stent. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A 2016, 104(9), 2280-2290.
- Lee LY, Lin YJ, Wang CH. Study of the supercritical drying of wet okara. In: 15th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET2016). 2016, Singapore: National University of Singapore.
- Nie H, Khew ST, Lee LY, Poh KL, Tong YW, Wang CH. Lysine-based peptide-functionalized PLGA foams for controlled DNA delivery. Journal of Controlled Release 2009, 138(1), 64-70.
- Ong BYS, Ranganath SH, Lee LY, Lu F, Lee HS, Sahinidis NV, Wang CH. Paclitaxel delivery from PLGA foams for controlled release in post-surgical chemotherapy against glioblastoma multiforme. Biomaterials 2009, 30(18), 3189-3196.
- Lee LY, Ranganath SH, Fu Y, Zheng JL, Lee HS, Wang CH, Smith KA. Paclitaxel Release from Micro-Porous PLGA Discs. Chemical Engineering Science 2009, 64(21), 4341-4349.
- Zhu XH, Lee LY, Hong JS, Tong YW, Wang CH. Characterization of porous poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) sponges fabricated by supercritical CO2 gas- foaming method as a scaffold for three-dimensional growth of Hep3B cells. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 2008, 100(5), 998-1009.
- Xie J, Ng WJ, Lee LY, Wang CH. Encapsulation of protein drugs in biodegradable microparticles by co-axial electrospray. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2008, 317(2), 469 - 476.
- Lee LY, Lim LK, Hua JS, Wang CH. Jet breakup and droplet formation in near-critical regime of carbon dioxide-dichloromethane system. Chemical Engineering Science 2008, 63(13), 3366-3378.
- Nie H, Lee LY, Tong H, Wang CH. PLGA/chitosan composites from a combination of spray drying and supercritical fluid foaming techniques: new carriers for DNA delivery. Journal of Controlled Release 2008, 129(3), 207-214.
- Lee LY, Wang CH, Smith KA. Supercritical antisolvent production of biodegradable micro- and nanoparticles for controlled delivery of paclitaxel. Journal of Controlled Release 2008, 125(2), 96-106.
- Ong BYS, Lee LY, Xie J, Lee HS, Sahinidis NV, Smith KA, Wang CH. Controlled delivery of paclitaxel from micro-porous foams for the post surgical treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme. In: American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2006). 2006, San Francisco, USA.
- Arifin DY, Lee LY, Wang CH. Mathematical modeling and simulation of drug release from microspheres: implications to drug delivery systems. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2006, 58(12-13), 1274-1325.
- Lee LY, Smith KA, Wang CH. Fabrication of controlled release devices for anticancer agents using SAS method. In: American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2005). 2005, Cincinnati, Ohio (USA).
- Lee LY, Smith KA, Wang CH. Nanoparticle fabrication of biodegradable polymers using SAS: Effects of mixing and thermodynamic properties. In: American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2005). 2005, Cincinnati, Ohio (USA): AICHE.
- Lee LY, Quek TY, Deng RS, Ray MB, Wang CH. Pneumatic transport of granular materials through a 90° bend. Chemical Engineering Science 2004, 59(21), 4637-4651.