This research programme considers the entire educational journey of medical students. It examines the experience of students as they progress through education and begin work as qualified doctors.
Specific research interests include, but are not limited to:
- widening participation in applications and selection to medical school
- the use of simulation in medical education and training
- patient involvement in undergraduate medical education
- optimisation of workplace learning during clinical placements
- the development of professional identity the nature of ‘preparedness’ for practice
Alongside our NUMed colleagues, we're exploring issues of internationalisation of medical education.
We work with the MBBS quality management team to align our research and with routine quality management activities.
For further information about this research, contact the Research Team