Dr Stephen Jones
Director of Medical Studies
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3991
- Fax: +44 (0)191 208 6521
- Address: Medical Student Office
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH
I took up the position of Director of Medical Studies Director in 2014 having taught on the MBBS course since 2001. I am a Newcastle medical graduate and I practice clinically on Teeside at James Cook University Hospital as a physician with a specialty interest in Diabetes and Endocrinology.
Roles and responsibilities
I am responsible for all aspects of the Newcastle MBBS programme from recruitment through to graduation. I Chair the Board of Medical Studies and am responsible for our interactions with our regulators the General Medical Council and for our links with Health Education North East. Having recently completed a secondment to the new medical school in Malaysia I also retain a role in supporting the team at NUMed.
B Med Sci, MBBS, MD, FRCP, MSc (Medical Education)
Dean of Clinical Affairs, Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia
Undergraduate Director, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Course Lead for Final Year Rotation in Medicine
Clinical Lead for OSCEs
- Jones SC, Bowes D, Hall E, Connolly V, Kelly WF, Bilous RW. HOPE for patients with Type 2 diabetes: an application of the findings of the MICRO-HOPE substudy in a British hospital diabetes clinic. Diabetic Medicine 2001, 18(8), 667-670.
- Mousa A, Jones S, Toft A, Perros P. Spontaneous rupture of Achilles tendon: missed presentation of Cushing's syndrome. British Medical Journal 1999, 319(7209), 560-561.
- Marshall SM, Thomas TH and Jones SC. Thiol group modulation of sodium-lithium countertransport kinetics in diabetic nephropathy. Diabetologia 1997, 40, 1079-1084.