- BA(hons) Modern Languages and political studies, University of Northumbria, Newcastle upon Tyne (1995);
- Maîtrise de Langues Etrangères Appliquées, Université de Bourgogne, France (1996);
- Mlitt in French studies, University of Newcastle upon Tyne (1999);
- PG Cert. in Academic Practice, University of Newcastle upon Tyne (2003);
- PhD in French Studies, Newcastle University (2008). Title of thesis: 'Image, Style, Discourse and Presidential Leadership in France: The Case of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing (1974-1981)'
Roles and Responsibilities
- French Language Teaching Coordinator
- Chair of the Language Teaching Steering Group (LTSG)
- Member of the University's ePortfolio Steering group
- Acting Director of the Year Abroad (2012-2013)
- Director of the Year Abroad (2007-2011)
- Year Abroad Coordinator for French (2005-2008)
Honours and Awards
Vice-Chancellor's Distinguished Teacher Award 2010 (Newcastle University)
UTLSEC Innovation Fund Award 2012 (Newcastle University)
Teaching Excellence Award 2013 for "Contribution to Outstanding Feedback" (Newcastle University)
- FRE1006: La France de 1789 à nos jours (module leader)
- FRE2061: Level C French General Language (Grammar Lecture)
- FRE4061: Level D French Writing skills and liaison Interpreting (module leader)
- SML 8014: Consecutive Interpreting (French)
- French history and politics; media, elections and political communication in France.
- Autonomous language learning; the role of ePortfolios in the Personal and Academic Development of students abroad.