Our Highlighted Projects show the breadth of Newcastle University activities in the area of social renewal that are making a real difference.
Grounded in high quality research, these projects are having an impact beyond academia. Examples of impact include changing opinions, influencing practitioners, informing decisions and affecting government policy. The projects are all significant in the degree to which they have enriched perspectives and/or practices of communities, individuals or organisations.
The following projects were either completed in the past year or are ongoing.
- Cooperative Neighbourhoods
- Inspirational Women of the Law 2017
- Race Equality Forum
- Not as it is Written: Black Pittsburgh in Voice and Image
- New Town Futures
- Diverse Voices
- Remembering '68: The Civil Rights Movement in Northern Irish Memory
- Muslim Youth and Political Participation
View the complete set of current projects below:
- NISR Book of Stories 2016-17 (7MB PDF download)
Our past projects can be viewed on the equivalent page.