Introduction to Publisher 2013
Aimed At: Staff who need to create newsletters or leaflets as part of their job role.
The workshop covers the basics of publishing a newsletter, leaflet or poster, using professional desktop publishing techniques & incorporating text, tables & graphics.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Create newsletters/leaflets, using professional desktop publishing techniques
- Incorporate text & graphics into publications
- Manipulate the layout of text & pictures, within a publication
- Use mail merge techniques to send newsletters, via email
The workshop programme is as follows:
- Introduce new features of Publisher 2013
- Creating & modifying a layout Publication
- Add text to a publication, using text boxes
- Apply character formatting to text
- Using ‘Master Pages’ & ‘Guides’, to aid in the layout of a publication
- Add ‘Picture Placeholders’ to a publication
- Incorporate tables into a publication
- Use & edit ‘Page Parts’
- Analyse a publication, with the ‘Design Checker’
- Using the mail merge facility, to send newsletters, electronically
09:15 - 16:30
It is not possible to access the workshop booking form unless connected to the University's campus network, should you wish to book a place on this workshop please contact the Staff Development Unit on 0191 208 6119 direct.
Vicky Beesley Ext. 83424