Photoshop Module 1 - Basics & Creating Composite Images
Aimed At: All university staff who use this software and would benefit from attending a taught workshop.
This workshop is aimed at staff new to Adobe Photoshop. It is specifically designed to give participants, an introduction into image editing & the basics of Photoshop manipulation. Learning how to combine several individual images, into ‘Composite’, single images through the use of ‘Selections’ & ‘Layers’.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Photoshop images and be able to navigate the ‘Workspace’, ‘Palettes’ and ‘Tools'
- Learn a few standard keyboard shortcuts
- Work with Selection tools
- Extract areas from an image & re-use in other images
- Work with layers to create new images
The workshop programme is as follows:
- Familiarise basic operations/concepts of Photoshop
- Navigating the Photoshop ‘Interface’, ‘Workspace’ & ‘Tools’
- What are selections and how/why to use them?
- Extracting sections of an image, for use elsewhere
- Using the ‘Marquee’ & ‘Quick Selection’ tools.
- Using the ‘Lasso’, ‘Magnetic Lasso’ & the ‘Magic Wand’ tool
- Adding to & subtracting from, ‘Selections'
- Understanding & using ‘Layers’
- Renaming, moving & deleting ‘Layers’
>Li>Adding standard text to an image
Please note this is not a standard application on the Campus Desktop; you will therefore be required to purchase a licence for this. For further information please contact the IT Service Desk on x85999. b>
9:15am - 12:30pm
- Thursday 15th October 2015 (Fully Booked)
- Tuesday 9th February 2016 1.30-4.30pm - Book Now
Vicky Beesley Ext. 83424