Train the Trainer
Aimed At: This two-day workshop is aimed at staff members of any level who are responsible for delivering training to colleagues.
All training needs to be relevant and dynamic. The trainer therefore needs to be able to design and deliver effective and motivational training. This two-day workshop has been designed to give trainers a comprehensive guide and toolkit.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand how different people learn and adapt sessions to meet these requirements
- Write objectives that are appropriate for a group training session
- Plan training sessions with support materials that reflect real practice and include appropriate types of information
- Carry out group training sessions at a pace and sequence that maximises the level of learning
- Encourage trainee participation, control group dynamics and use skills of analysis and evaluation to promote learning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training session
- Inspiring others : Communicating
- Working together : Developing talent
- Working together : Understanding others
The workshop programme is as follows:
- How people learn
- The characteristics of an effective trainer
- Planning a training workshop, including objectives and lesson plans
- Different facilitation skills and mediums
- Training style and presentation skills
- Dealing with difficult audience members
- Evaluating training
- Deliver practice training sessions
- Reviewing and Action planning
Some homework may be required on the evening of day 1.
9:15am - 4:30pm
It is not possible to access the workshop booking form unless connected to the University's campus network, should you wish to book a place on this workshop please contact the Staff Development Unit on 0191 2226119 direct.
Jane Eggleston extension 3451