Event Planning and Management
Aimed At: This workshop is designed for those who are NEW to organising internal and external events including speaker focused events, workshops and conferences.
Learn how to plan and produce effective events within a budget! Understand the different types of events and explore all the factors which contribute to the success of an event
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Know what skills and qualities an effective event organiser needs
- Know how to assess venues on a budget
- Be able to put together a plan for your event detailing critical actions and resource requirements
- Understand what makes an event successful
- Have ideas on how to market an event.
- Know how to evaluate and review events
- Inspiring others : Communicating
- Working together : Team-working
- Working together : Understanding others
- Taking responsibility : Planning and organising
- Taking responsibility : Delivering services
The workshop programme is as follows:
- Selecting the right venue within budget
- Producing an event plan
- How to effectively promote your event
- On the day presentation of the event
- Event evaluation techniques
9:15am - 12:30pm
It is not possible to access the workshop booking form unless connected to the University's campus network, should you wish to book a place on this workshop please contact the Staff Development Unit on 0191 208 6119 direct.
Jane Eggleston extension 3451