University Training Providers
There are a variety of staff training and development opportunities offered around Newcastle University. Nearly all this training is offered free of charge. If you do require funding, please contact the Staff Development Unit to discuss options.
The Staff Development Unit co-ordinate, advise on and deliver training and development activities for all categories of university staff. Examples of other SDU provision are:
- The Learning Resource Centre - access to a information technology and personal development web based learning materials.
- Quality In Learning and Teaching (QuILT) - events and workshops related to teaching and learning, including Blackboard, our institutionally supported virtual learning environment.
- Netskills - face to face workshops, online delivery and training materials relating to the effective use of technology e.g. e-learning, information skills, software product, training skills and web technologies.
- Health and Safety Various safety courses covering: Risk Assessment, BioSafety, Chemical Safety, Fire Safety, Radiation Safety, Manual Handling and First Aid.
- Newcastle University Language Resource Centre - self study and resources.
- Equality and Diversity - all new starters are expected to complete Equality and Diversity training for induction.
- Civil Engineering and Geosciences Professional Development Unit - offers short courses specifically for engineers and scientists working in industry. Course topics relate to environmental engineering, geochemistry, geomatics, geotechnics and structures, transport and water resources.