Please find below further information about the Student Ambassador role, however please visit our 'Becoming a Student Ambassador' web page for information on how to apply.
The Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate, Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) and Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (HASS) recruit a team of Student Ambassadors to inform prospective Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants about the Newcastle University student experience by supporting a range of recruitment and aspiration-raising events and activities.
The level of involvement in events and activities is up to the individual Student Ambassador and could include, but not exclusively:
- delivering presentations in local schools/colleges
- working at the University Open Days
- leading campus and accommodation tours
- developing resources for recruitment activities, including subject-specific material
- representing the University at a range of off-campus higher education recruitment events
- taking part in on-campus events for local school/college students
- developing recruitment-related publicity and marketing information e.g. blogging, social media posts etc
Guidance for completing DBS checks can be found here