Inspire young people whilst representing and promoting your University.
Our outstanding and committed team of Ambassadors support a wide range of recruitment and aspiration- raising activities and events at the University. The level of involvement in events and activities is at the discretion of the individual Student Ambassador and could include, but not exclusively:
- delivering presentations in local schools/colleges
- working at the University Visit Days and Post Application Open Days
- leading campus and accommodation tours
- developing resources for outreach activities, including subject-specific material
- representing the University at a range of off-campus higher education recruitment events
- taking part in on-campus events for local school/college students
- developing recruitment-related publicity and marketing information.
Recruitment opens in early September with a closing date in October.
- Paid position - £6.94 per hour.
- Insight into working with young people, teachers and other students.
- Make contacts within the University and the region.
- Flexible working around your studies.
'My confidence has increased beyond belief; I feel confident enough to speak in front of large groups, something I never thought I would ever feel comfortable with. Thanks to the Student Ambassador Scheme I now feel prepared to take on any challenge employment might throw my way.' Read the full profile...
Skills you could develop as a student ambassador
You could develop many skills but particularly:
Find out more
This opportunity is offered by the Marketing and Student Recruitment Directorate.