Bulgarian and Romanian students

You will need a registration certificate from the UK Border Agency before you can start work during your studies. For more information, or to apply, visit UKBA: Bulgarian and Romanian nationals.

It can take up to six months to obtain a registration certificate, so we recommend you apply as early as possible. You must be in the UK when you apply.

After receiving the registration certificate, you can apply for a National Insurance (NI) number. You can then work for up to 20 hours a week during term time and full-time during course vacation periods.

If you have any queries regarding this, you can come to our visa drop-in sessions for further information.

Please note however that we are unable to check the relevant application forms and/ or advise on the necessary supporting documents during the visa drop-in.