Work & Employment Opportunities

Working during your studies work and employment

If you are on a Tier 4 visa, you may be allowed to work while studying, subject to certain conditions.

Working after your studies

Upon completing your studies, you may be eligible for certain opportunities to work depending on your circumstances. There are various immigration categories that could allow this, either as an employee or to set up your own business.

Please be aware that there are special working restrictions if you are a Croatian national.

National Insurance

If you want to work in the UK you will need to apply for a National Insurance (NI) number. Further information is available from the university's Financial Support Team and from UKCISA.


Return to the Visa Team homepage