Welcome to the Writing Development Centre
Established in 2007, the Writing Development Centre offers expert advice and guidance on a wide variety of academic skills, including writing for assessment. Our team of tutors offer one-to-one tutorials, workshops and online resources to help you develop as a successful independent learner and fulfil your potential.
- Understanding assignment types, questions, instructions and marking criteria (including unusual assignment types)
- Critical thinking, critiquing and reviewing literature
- Note-taking from lectures and reading
- Planning and structuring writing (incl. paragraphing)
- Academic writing style (incl fundamentals of grammar)
- Understanding and using feedback to improve your work
- Referencing, citing and avoiding plagiarism
- Managing time, work and writing (incl. writers block and procrastination)
- Exams and Revision
- Managing research projects, dissertations and theses
- Presentations and posters
- Learning effectively in lectures, seminars, classes, labs etc
Find out more about what we offer:
If you are a member of academic staff in one of the Faculties, we also offer a range of services for your students which are integrated with your teaching.
The Writing Development Centre is based in the Robinson Library. We are open every weekday, 9-5, and are also available throughout vacations.