The Writing Development Centre was established in 2007. The Centre aims to promote good writing practice in all subject areas and help undergraduate and postgraduate students to develop their academic writing skills in a supportive environment. Key priorities are to support students in the transition from secondary to higher education and from undergraduate to postgraduate study.
The Centre offers tuition, guidance and advice on all aspects of academic writing, including:
User comments on the Writing Development Centre
- The one-to-one service was good and helped me to understand what lecturers look for in an essay. (Undergraduate student)
- It’s difficult to see how those trying to get things published for the first time could not benefit from this service, and it is also excellent for improving writing generally. (PhD student)
- I was very impressed with the support I received. I was given useful tips, feedback and resources to access which I could refer to in the future.
- I have already recommended this service to others and would definitely use it again.
- Thank you to the Writing Development Centre and the University for significant language support.