The Centre runs a programme of generic sessions on aspects of academic writing open to all students and a series of discipline-specific workshops and lectures developed at the request of schools to address the needs of particular groups of students.
User comments on the Writing Development Centre group sessions
- Very useful and practical session which can help me in real assignment writing situations.
- The session was tailored to our needs and level of understanding.
- Students are never told what critical and analytical writing entails. I appreciated this session as I now know what it means to develop a critical and analytical approach to writing a paper.
- The sessions were well structured and presented. The information given was useful and clearly delivered.
- I liked the group discussion and audience participation.
- The sessions were really well prepared and anticipated all kinds of questions from the participants.