Working with Disabled Students
To assist those staff working with disabled applicants and students we have developed policies and procedures and good practice guides which you will find listed below.
Resources to download
If you require any further information or advice contact us.
- Accessible Curriculum - creating accessible information about courses or programmes of study for disabled students.
- Vitae - making research education accessible (registration required).
- OU - Supporting teaching staff - understanding the needs of disabled students and teaching them effectively (free registration required).
- SCIPS - a web based resource that provides Strategies for Creating Inclusive Programmes of Study.
- TechDis - a UK advisory service on technologies for inclusion; resources and advice for learning and teaching in UK higher education, further education & skills, and independent and specialist colleges. This includes guidance on accessible electronic material and a list of useful resources.