Sarah Kendall
Deputy Interaction Team Manager

Roles and Responsibilities

I have worked in Higher Education for around 17 years.  My first role was as Secretary in the Accommodation Office undertaking various administrative tasks.  I then became an Accommodation Officer; allocating university owned accommodation, advising students, producing promotional material, and supporting various open days by delivering presentations.

In 2009 I was lucky enough to secure a Team Leader position for a newly created team as part of Newcastle University’s exciting new integrated Student Services.  The Interaction Team (iTeam), in support of Student Services, are the first point of contact for; prospective and current students, graduates, and a range of other enquirers.  We respond to 80% of a wide range of queries from entry requirements to accommodation, finance and wellbeing related issues faced by current students, as well as verification and reference requests for graduates and much more.  The remaining 20% of enquiries are signposted to specialist colleagues through our customer relationship management system, drop-in slots or one to one pre booked appointments.

I am now the Deputy Manager with operational responsibility of iTeam and all related business.  I am part of an amazing team, offering outstanding customer service with the student experience very much at the heart of everything we do.