International and EU Students

International and non-UK EU students who wish to apply for additional funding may find the list of charities/trusts below a useful starting point.

The Africa Educational Trust: supports further and higher education by providing a small number of grants and scholarships for African students to study in the UK, regionally in Africa or by distance learning from home countries

The Anglo Jewish Association: one of the largest grant making organisations directly supporting Jewish students in the UK

The Beit Trust: The Trust provides a limited number of scholarships for postgraduate courses at universities in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland or South Africa.  Candidates must be domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the “Beneficial Countries”) and aged under 30 (or 35 in the case of medical doctors).

All Saints Educational Trust: makes personal grant awards to teachers, intending teachers and students in Religious Studies, Home Economics and related areas

Churches Commission on Overseas Hardship Fund:  Full-time students from developing countries attending British or Irish institutions for first-degree or postgraduate studies lasting a minimum of one academic year, who are within six months of completing their course but face unexpected financial problems. They are required to confirm their intention to return to their home country immediately after their course.

The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation: awards grants to individuals and institutions in the UK and Japan in all areas of the visual and performing arts, the humanities, the social sciences, science and engineering, mathematics, business studies, and education, including schools and universities, and grass roots and professional groups.

The Hockerill Foundation: makes individual grants mainly to those training in the United Kingdom to be teachers, with a priority to teaching Religious Education.

Marshall Scholarships for US students wishing to study in the UK.

The Sidney Perry Foundation: aims to help first degree students, must be younger than 35 when the course starts. Eligible foreign students studying in Britain can also apply. Postgraduates may also receive support.

For more information about charity and trust funding visit the UK student section of our website.