Bursaries, Scholarships and Prizes
Please refer to academic years below to check eligibility for the centrally administered bursary and scholarship schemes.
There are a number of other schemes provided by both the University and external providers. Please note this is not a comprehensive list and you may also find it useful to check individual School web sites to check if any subject specific funding is available as well as external charity and trust web sites.
- Endowed Prizes - prizes of differing values, predominantly stage 1 undergraduates
- Engineering Prizes - prizes to assist the most promising engineering undergraduates
Donor Funded Schemes
Sports and Performance
- Performance Sport Scholarships -
Sports Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and are available to undergraduate and postgraduate applicants, as well as current students. Scholarships are reviewed annually.
- Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme - TASS is a Government funded programme that represents a unique partnership between sport and higher and further education. A TASS award is made on an annual basis and individuals are nominated by their National Governing Body.
University Funded Schemes
- Career Insight Bursary - provides financial support to help students explore their career options
- Expeditions -
University is particularly keen to encourage expeditions organised by students to carry out research at destinations outside the UK and can offer funds to assist with this
- ncl+ Student Achievement Awards -each year individuals and groups from across the University gain local and national recognition for their hard work and achievements.
- Research Scholarships - provide undergraduates who have research potential with experience of research
- Rowe Textron Scholarship (Word: 19KB) - $9,000 USD scholarship
available for 2016/17, for one home engineering student who wishes to undertake an exchange in Semester 2 at the College of Engineering & Applied Sciences (CEAS), University of Cincinnati. Flights, accommodation and subsistence will be funded through the scholarship. Tuition Fees will be waived.