University Bursary & Scholarship Funding
Please refer to academic years below to check eligibility for bursary and scholarship schemes.
2012/13 Academic Year - Please see below
- University Bursary - -a bursary available to UK undergraduate students who are in receipt of income assessed student funding and who meet the household income criteria
- University Achievement Bursary - a bursary available to 2009, 2010 & 2011 entry students from the UK who are in receipt of a University Bursary and who meet the academic criteria
- Exchange Bursary - available to 2009 & 2010 entry students from the UK who are in receipt of a University Bursary and who participate in an Erasmus exchange or a non-EU exchange
All Academic Years - Please see below
- Care Leaver Bursary - a £1,000 per year for students who have experienced local authority care
- Foyer Bursary - a £1,000 per year to assist students who have left Foyers
- Pybus Bursary - awards of up to £2,000 for female, mature students from Tyne and Wear studying any discipline.
Sports and Performance
- Recruitment Sport Scholarship - up to 20 scholarships worth between £1,000 and £1,500 are available for the first year of study only. You must apply for these scholarships before you come to Newcastle.
- Performance Sport Scholarship - up to 20 scholarships worth £1,000 per year are available for each year of your course. You must apply for these scholarships annually in September/October
- Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme - TASS is a Government funded programme that represents a unique partnership between sport and higher and further education. A TASS award is made on an annual basis and individuals are nominated by their National Governing Body