Dr Lisa Bunclark
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 8558
- Address: Institute for Sustainability
Newcastle upon Tyne
In my role as Research Coordinator within the Institute for Sustainability I work across the university to help to develop, coordinate and maximise the impact of interdisciplinary research to address key global research challenges related to sustainability. My main tasks include:
- Supporting key academic staff in the development of strategies for addressing the Institute’s Research Challenges
- Proactively establishing and maintaining key links with academic and research staff engaged in relevant research and with external stakeholders in order to facilitate collaborative activity
- Assisting academic staff to prepare interdisciplinary research proposals relevant to the research challenges
- Coordinating activities and events designed to encourage interdisciplinary research between academic and research staff from different disciplines, building capacity and developing new research activity
Although I am interested and work on all aspects of sustainable development, my main skills and experience relate to water resources management, small-scale farming, rural livelihoods, community-based approaches and socio-technical approaches, with an emphasis on developing countries.
- International Consultant at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations - development, coordination and implementation of agricultural water management projects across Africa and the Middle East, policy advice for national governments
- Research Assistant for Water Harvesting Technologies Revisited (WHaTeR) in School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Newcastle University - data collection, analysis and reporting
- Academic Community Coordinator at Engineers Without Borders UK - training, networking, communications
- 2015: Ph.D in Sustainable Rural Livelihoods and Agricultural Water Management (Newcastle University)
- 2010: MA in Development Studies (University of East Anglia)
- 2007: MEng in Civil Engineering (Imperial College London)
- Bunclark L, Gowing J, Oughton E. Understanding decisions on land-based adaptation to climate change: Exploring adoption of water harvesting technologies in Burkina Faso. Global Environmental Change 2017. In Preparation.
- Salman M, Bunclark L, AbuKhalaf M, Borgia C, Guarnieri L, Hoffmann O, Sambalino F, vanSteenbergen F, Ledbi F. Strengthening agricultural water efficiency and productivity on the African and global level, Status, performance and scope assessment of water harvesting in Uganda, Burkina Faso and Morocco. 2016.
- Bunclark L, Gowing J. Meso-scale water harvesting in Tanzania - a further look at prospects for sustainable intensification of agriculture. Agriculture for Development 2014, 21.
- Gowing J, Bunclark L. Water harvesting experience in East and West Africa – prospects for sustainable intensification of rainfed agriculture. Agriculture for Development 2013, 20.
- Bunclark L, Lankford B. Rainwater harvesting: A suitable poverty reduction strategy for small-scale farmers in developing countries?. Waterlines 2012, 30, 4.
- Bunclark L, Carter R, Casey V, Day S, Guthrie D, ed. Managing water locally. An essential dimension of community water development. London/Oxford: The Institution of Civil Engineers, Oxfam GB and WaterAid, 2011. In Preparation.