Institute for Sustainability PhD Studentships 2018
Building upon its success in connecting Newcastle University’s research with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Institute for Sustainability is increasing its focus on supporting research to influence policy and practice to deliver the Goals.
Thanks to the support of the University’s Endowments Group, the Institute has funding for a cohort of four PhD studentships at Newcastle University. For the 2018/2019 intake, the Institute will support four outstanding graduates wishing to undertake a PhD programme in research to policy and practice related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The studentships are tenable for three years in any NU Faculty, cover Band 2 tuition fees and a stipend. Deadline for applications is 29th January 2018 (projects detailed below).
How to Apply
The candidate must apply through the University's online postgraduate application form.
Only mandatory fields need to be completed however, you will need to include the following information:
- insert the relevant programme code in the programme of study section
- insert the relevant project studentship code in the studentship/partnership reference field
- attach a two page covering letter relating to your project of choice, CV and additional supporting documentation as detailed in the application guide
Relevant programme and project studentship codes are available from the relevant project summary page which can be accessed below.
The covering letter must state the title of the studentship and project (including the relevant code), and state how your interests and experience relate to the project.
We encourage students to apply for a maximum of TWO projects.
The online application system will only allow one application to an academic school. If you are applying for TWO projects in the same academic school then you will need to e-mail Postgraduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- our applicant number (from the first project application)
- the second project title
- a two page covering letter for the second project
PhD Studentship Projects
- Earl Grey Memorial Fellowship (1 studentship available - student must be a Newcastle University graduate)
- Ridley Fellowship (1 studentship available - North of England project)
- Sir James Knott Fellowship - Home/EU (1 studentship available - preference given to non-Newcastle University graduate)
- Sir James Knott Fellowship - Overseas (1 studentship available - preference given to non-Newcastle University graduate)
- PhD Studentships 2018 Full Call Text
- Student Application Deadline: 29th January 2018
- Student Application Submission via: Newcastle University postgraduate portal