As a student city, Newcastle has a wide range of competitively-priced private accommodation, with suburbs of the city providing easy access to the city centre and their own amenities.
Prices vary depending on which area of the city you choose. Some of the most popular student neighbourhoods, within easy reach of campus, include:
- Jesmond and West Jesmond
- Spital Tongues
- the city centre
Most private sector rents are exclusive of electric, gas, internet, personal possessions insurance or water charges. Most letting agencies also require an administration fee at the point of sign up.
Flats and houses let via Newcastle University's NUstudenthomes scheme include personal possessions insurance and water charges (unless metered). No administration charge is payable. Typical rents start at £85.00 per week based on 51 week contracts, furnished, usually excludes all extras.
If you're looking for private accommodation in the city you will find NUstudenthomes an excellent source of advice and support. This is the private sector arm of the University Accommodation Service. We provide:
- an online property search
- information on popular student areas and rent levels
- support and advice on deposits, tenancy agreements and contracts
- tenancy advice and guidance
NUstudenthomes also manages a range of competitively-priced properties in popular student areas. By choosing to rent a property through NUstudenthomes you benefit from:
- competitive rents, which include both water rates and insurance
- no charges or agency fees
- quick and efficient maintenance service
- guidance and support throughout your tenancy, including inspecting repairs and resolving disputes
Find out more about the benefits of using NUstudenthomes and take a virtual tour of some of the properties available on the Accommodation Services website.