Staying in University accommodation gives you the chance to make new friends and enjoy being part of a supportive community as you settle in to university life.
University accommodation for undergraduates
We have 15 accommodation sites for undergraduate students, offering a range of facilities and prices to suit your needs.
All of our accommodation has self-catering facilities, and catered accommodation is available at Castle Leazes.
Other options include:
Affordable and near campus
Most of our accommodation sites are within 10 minutes' walk of campus and the city centre.
In 2017 our costs ranged from £84.14 per week for a self-catered room with a shared bathroom, to £167.09 for a catered room with en suite facilities.
Rent is inclusive of utility bills (up to a set amount for Managed Partnership schemes and excluding family accommodation). We offer free Internet connection or Wi-Fi and personal possessions insurance.
We guarantee you a place in University accommodation for the first year, providing you meet certain criteria and apply by 30 June in your year of entry.
Find out more about our accommodation guarantee.
Choosing University accommodation
There are many benefits to choosing University accommodation for your first year:
- all our sites are within easy reach of the campus and city centre, and meet nationally recognised management and physical standards set out in the UUK code.
- get a continuous contract for the full academic year, including the Christmas and Easter vacation periods
- get a price that's inclusive of all charges (including contents insurance) and flexible payment to help you spread the cost
- rents are discounted and places come with free car parking at off-campus sites, and 24-hour security arrangements in case of emergencies
- use our Facebook page to help you get to know people you will be living with before you arrive
How to apply
If you'd like further information you can find out more about how to apply, including deadlines for our accommodation guarantee.
Or if you're ready to make the next step you can apply online.
Visiting our accommodation
We offer lots of opportunities for you to visit our accommodation sites, both before and after you apply:
Find out more about accommodation
Visit the Accommodation Service website for more information on choosing your accommodation.
See our Accommodation Brochure for details of the accommodation available for 2017 entry.