Career Support and Advice
Throughout your time at Newcastle, and for up to three years after you graduate, you will have access to our multi award-winning Careers Service.
Our award-winning Careers Service is one of the best, largest and most innovative in the UK.
It's never too early to start thinking about your options - the earlier you start, the more time you will have to identify your goals and take the first steps towards achieving them.
Our Careers Service offers expert advice to help you explore your career options, whether have definite or very few ideas about what you want to do.
Sessions with a careers adviser are available every week day without the need for an appointment. Your careers adviser can:
- help you identify careers that will suit you
- assess what skills you already have and the skills you need to develop to achieve your goals
- provide feedback on your CV or job application
- arrange a mock interview
Workshops and events
Learn how to market your skills and develop your knowledge at our regular events:
- find out how to write the perfect CV, prepare for an interview and more at careers workshops
- hear professionals talk candidly about their careers and give you their top tips for breaking into different areas at careers insights events
- develop your business knowledge and ideas at business start-up masterclasses and clinics
You will be supported by careers staff who work closely with your academic school to provide information and workshops that are tailored to your degree.
You will have 24/7 access to a wide range of online resources to support your career development, including:
- a database of hundreds of graduate job vacancies, work experience placements and internships, with around 75 new jobs advertised every week.
- information about different careers in our 'exploring occupations' section
- our online database of over 1,000 graduates, who you can contact for first-hand advice and insight into the work they do
- video case studies
- blogs written by fellow students
Starting your Business
You might have an idea, invention or a hobby that you are thinking about turning into a business.
In the past ten years, our outstanding support has helped hundreds of students to launch their own businesses.
The Rise Up team is dedicated to supporting you from the ideas development stage through to launching your new venture and beyond. We can offer specialist advice and practical tips to help you get started. Students are supported to develop ideas through a team of:
- business advisers
- professional partners
- a programme of workshops
You'll also have access to free workspace facilities to help develop your ideas.
The 133 businesses we've supported have
- a combined annual turnover of £14.8 million
- collectively raised external investment of over £2.1 million
- sustain 319 FTE jobs
Business support is available throughout your time at Newcastle and once you graduate.
Find out more about our business start-up support.