The Fiona Foundation, in memory of Fiona Karran, neé Duncan, alumna 1984-7. Read Fiona Karran's Biography (PDF: 901KB) to find about more about her and her time as a student at Newcastle.
A scholarship is available to a female UK student accepted on to an undergraduate degree programme in the School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials. We will make an award of £1,500 for the first year of study only.
Application is by competitive process.
In 2014-5, we will offer an additional scholarship of £1,500 to a second or third year female student studying in the School of Chemical Engineering.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- be a female undergraduate home student, ordinarily resident in the UK
- have applied to study in the School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials
- have and be able to prove financial need for the award
- have applied for the full student loan to which you are entitled, and be able to produce evidence of this
How to apply
We must receive applications by 15 October 2015.
We will judge applications on
- financial need
- academic potential
- aptitude for the chosen programme of study
We require that recipients:
- give a thank you letter
- do a progress report at the end of the first year’s study
- be available to meet the donor if requested
If you have any questions about the scholarship or your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 191 208 8745.