The United Kingdom Naval Engineering Science and Technology (UKNEST) Forum and Lloyd's Register Foundation
The United Kingdom Naval Engineering Science and Technology (UKNEST) Forum and Lloyd's Register Foundation are offering up to 10 Undergraduate Scholarships to students who are interested in future employment in the Naval Defence Sector.
In general, UK security clearance is a pre-requisite for employment within this sector.
Each Scholarship will offer the successful students:
- a Bursary of £3,000 per academic year
- mentoring from a UKNEST Member Organisation
- the potential for work placement with a UKNEST Organisation
Applications are encouraged from Mathematics, Science, Technology and Engineering undergraduates, especially those about to enter their second year of study.
The Scholarship is for one year, but students may apply for further funding if progress is satisfactory.
How to apply
We must receive applications by 31 August 2016. Please include the following:
- an essay (500 words maximum) on 'The role of autonomous technology in the future Navy.'
- your CV (including full contact details)
- an academic reference to support your application.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that your email application is titled SCHOLARSHIP and include your surname for reference.