If you're attending a pre-entry interview for one of the following courses at Newcastle University you could be entitled to receive expenses up to a maximum of £50 for your travel costs:
- Contemporary and Popular Music BA Honours (W301)
- Dental Surgery (A206)
- Fine Art (W150)
- Folk and Traditional Music (W344)
- Medicine and Surgery (A100)
- Music BA Honours (W300)
- Music BMus Honours (W304)
- Oral and Dental Health Sciences BSc Honours (A207)
- Speech and Language Sciences (B620)
To claim travel expenses, you must also meet one of the following:
- have been accepted onto the University’s PARTNERS Programme Supported Entry route
- have entered the University through the Realising Opportunities Programme
- have experienced Local Authority care for a period of longer than three months
- live in an area of the UK from which very few students progress to higher education (officially defined as a Low Participation Neighbourhood). Check your area on our postcode lookup system
Claiming travel expenses
Your eligibility will be confirmed by University staff, based on the information you provide on the Travel Expenses form.
To claim travel expenses, download and complete the Pre-Entry Interviews Travel Expenses Form (Word: 94KB) and bring this along to your interview.
Unless you're claiming mileage, you'll also need to bring along travel tickets or receipts for the total cost of your journey as this will be needed to verify your claim. If you require your ticket to travel home, staff at the interview will take a photocopy of the ticket.
Make sure that all bank details are correct and clearly written on your Travel Expenses Form to avoid any delay in payment.
The University will process your claim and reimburse your expenses within three weeks of submitting your form (so long as all information is accurately provided).