Newcastle University Library Service
The University Library Service is made up of three libraries:
Some academic Schools also hold specialised book collections relevant to their subject area.
Our University Library Service has a reputation as one of the best in the country:
Some of the highlights of the Library Service at Newcastle include:
- 100,000 electronic resources and over one million books
- over 500,000 e-books – one of the five largest collections in the country
- wireless networking available in each library
- laptop and e-book reader loan scheme for use in the library
- bookable group study rooms
- special collections of rare and historic books, manuscripts, maps and illustrations
- in-house print and binding services
- high-tech space for relaxed meetings and group study in the Robinson Library
- an internet café, the Learning Lounge, in the Robinson Library
The Robinson Library is also home to two of our study support services:
An introduction to using the Library Service will form part of your welcome to the University. Year-round help is also never far away with faculty liaison librarians, desk services and roving help on hand to provide further support.
Take a virtual tour of the Robinson Library.